What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for Schif

jed

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
Yeah Dallas would be kind of old by now.
Oh come now, I remember Dallas's length-of-the-field try in Origin 2, 1995. Surely he's going to be as fast (if not faster) all these years later?

trev

Juniors
In my opinion the club would be better to use the young guys it already has rather than buy someone else. It has taken a bit of time, but Carney and Withers have proven to be a good combination in Smiths' absence. So in saying that, I would have Chalk or Zillman at fullback. Have some faith in the younger guys.

paulquinn49

Bench
Chachi said:
Jeez - you're full of good ideas. Feeney's crap, McLinden's crap, is anyone not crap??

Of course, this is my point, there are alot better players than the 2 mentioned.

Mclinden had years to cement a spot, anywhere in the backline. He wasnt consistent enough, so he went to a competition where that is rewarded.

Also apart from Souths, tell me which club Feeney could walk into and grab a spot in the 17?

Let's see your good ideas

Chachi

Bench
paulquinn49 said:
Of course, this is my point, there are alot better players than the 2 mentioned.

Mclinden had years to cement a spot, anywhere in the backline. He wasnt consistent enough, so he went to a competition where that is rewarded.

Also apart from Souths, tell me which club Feeney could walk into and grab a spot in the 17?

Let's see your good ideas
Yeah, look I take your point that Feeney isn't exactly a gamebreaker, but I think you're being a bit harsh on McLinden. He will always be a freakishly talented footballer and the fact that his coaches over the years never managed to use him properly should not be counted against him. Don't forget he guided our team to the top 4 a few years ago after being partnered alongside such notable halves as Drew and Croker! I was also just having a laugh.
Also, don't forget that Mogg and Schifcofski were hardly first grade regulars, let alone Origin players, before they got here. It's all about improving what you've already got and I don't think Feeney is such a bad option in comparison to some other outside backs we've got running around IMO.

Boing Boing

Juniors
This thread is geniused. We won't be buying any replacements and nor do we need any. Henry has already stated that Zillman will take the position of Schif if he leaves.

Chachi

Bench
Hate to break it to you, but you actually do need to replace players that leave in one way or another - otherwise we'll end up with West Belconnen running out for us in PL.

Great option for the salary cap, not such a good option for depth.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Chachi said:
Hate to break it to you, but you actually do need to replace players that leave in one way or another - otherwise we'll end up with West Belconnen running out for us in PL.

Great option for the salary cap, not such a good option for depth.

Yeah, but you can still withdraw from the Premier League bank. There is no point in buying someone new when the club has spent time and money grooming PL players specifically for this purpose.

Why buy for the sake of buying?

Id prefer Graham at fullback to be honest. hes not big enough in the centres and I think he would make a good fullback. We really need to sign a quality centre for next year, but I don't know where from though.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing Nate Myles in the second Row and Tom LL and Mogg ( If he stays) in the centres. I think TLL would be dynamic out wide and we wouldn't let half the points in out wide we normally do

Edwahu

Bench
It would be stupid not to spend every cent in the cap next year. I agree, dont just buy anyone but at least upgrade existing contracts and offers we have on the table.

I reckon we need one experienced Hooker or Half. We cant afford to have three twenty one year olds + Withers in our key positions.

Daza_06

Juniors
Zilliman would be awsome but Darius Boyd is still off contract and i would have a go at him, could play wing but i think he would prefer fullback

jed

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
Whats with all this renewed talk of Mogg staying?
Although the deal is essentially done, he is still yet to sign the contract at Catalans.

Chachi

Bench
Boing Boing said:
Yeah, but you can still withdraw from the Premier League bank. There is no point in buying someone new when the club has spent time and money grooming PL players specifically for this purpose.

Why buy for the sake of buying?
Yeah, but my point is you have to backfill those spots in PL. At this stage the only young blokes I see as capable of stepping up to FG on a (semi)regular basis next year are Zillman, Dobson, Milne (maybe), Goodwin, Hinchcliffe (maybe), Raston and Buttriss (maybe) and maybe Campo. We certainly need more depth and experience in PL for us to be competitive as a club IMO.

Timbo

Staff member
Someone asked back on page 1 who our most capped player is, if Schif and Toots go, and someone answered Withers?

It's actually Best, with 121. Withers has 116 or something.

paulquinn49

Bench
Timbo said:
Someone asked back on page 1 who our most capped player is, if Schif and Toots go, and someone answered Withers?

It's actually Best, with 121. Withers has 116 or something.

Yeah that was me Timbo, crazy Best will be out most experienced player haha.

Suggestions for captain in 07?

Latest posts