What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reporters needed!!!!(please)

CyberKev2002

Juniors
Hi Fellas,

Can you have more than one reporter in each section? I wouldn't have been averse to writing some muck
emwink.gif
on English & European soccer (not that I'm the ultimate knowledge on the subject), but Taxi Driver has beaten me to the chase.

Will I get cyber-stoned on the cyberstreets for suggesting an AFL section?

Cheers,
Kevin

Kev
No demarcation disputes with me, be glad to share the job with you. In fact, I’d like to propose the following. The section be called European Soccer, you can look after the Premier League and I’ll do a round up of the other European leagues. What do you reckon ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Legend and I were talking last night about multiple articles and as far we're concerned, anyone can write an article for any section. Currently, its no holds barred but thiswill change over time as more people get involved.
Just email your article across and it'll go in. If you think it should have a its own section, then make the suggestion.
Remember if you want credit for the article, be sure to include your name of choice.

Legend's email: edgar_michael@hotmail.com
Willow'semail: jubileeoval@hotmail.com

CyberKev2002

Juniors
Taxi Driver

Sounds fine with me, Old Son! You'd be far better versed about the European Leagues than I would be, anyway. Who do you follow in the world game, as a matter of interest?

CyberKev

Kev

My "Saints" of the Soccer world are Juventus.

In the Premier League, I'm a Newcastle fan. Was originally a Liverpool fan but I went off them and English Soccer after the Heysel Stadium incident in `85. Started following the English game again in the early 90's and liked Newcastle's style of play so I kind of latched on to them.

Now that the Aussies are out, come World Cup time it's FORZA AZZURRI

CyberKev2002

Juniors
Taxi Driver

Nothing sadder than an EX-Liverpool tragic, but I'll forgive you your tresspasses as I forgive those who follow Saints with me...

Juventus are a quality side (my favourite amongst the Italians) and I honestly feel they're good things for the Champions League this time around. I particularly like the class keeper they have on their books.

Among the European outfits (outside of the Pool, of course) I tend to favour Bayern Munich, whilst the Netherlands always take my fancy among the country outfits. Alas, the Dutch won't be in attendance for next year's cup so I'll throw my support behind the talented, but largely unsung Portugese.

Cheers
CyberKev

It's a shame Bundy Cup isn't televised, I would do a report on that. You can't exactly do a report on something you haven't seen, and plagiarism won't get you anywhere.

L

legend

First to Taxi Driver and Kev. If you two can come up with a workable partnership with the soccer section, you have a huge input into how you want to cover the soccer. I trust both your judgement anyway so that is not of any real concern. Obviously the Premier League is the most popular soccer competition but I ma sure many have a favourite side in the serie a or the Spanish League and even the Champions League. The potential for coverage of soccer is endless as I am sure you will both agree.

I think the black colours will go as they look great on my home pc but when I get to work it doesnt come up all that well.

This is a work in progress but I am stoked with the level of support we have received so far and this is just the beginning.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
good to see you got the site up.

I can't write reports but i i'll be willing to help with other aspects of the site if needed.

CyberKev2002

Juniors
Legend

Cheers, Old Son!

I'm not sure what Taxi Driver has in mind for his contributions, but I was thinking of a weekly rundown on EPL games (minus the overt Liverpool bias that I show when posting on here), a fans eye view at the key developments happening at clubs, and intermittent focus pieces that take a look at an individual club (history, origins, contemporary state of play, etc).

I was thinking about deriving the fans eye views as editorial summaries working from postings on club sites themselves. I'm registered on the Liverpool site and it probably wouldn't be hard to register on all of the club sites so as to keep track of what the fans are saying when the big issues arise.

Unfortunately I can't do individual match reports, but if the site takes off I'm sure that others will arise who could do so. You could always go broad to get individual match reports. Whats to stop us calling for amateur report writers on the individual EPL club forums? Some of them do these reports for their own club's site and probably wouldn't mind posting the report to a broad-based sporting site as well. These are people that actually live in Britain and attend the games firsthand.

I'm not sure if this is what you're after and I'm willing to consider alternatives if they're feasible and not too time consuming to realise.

Also, do you want pieces sent in plain word format or in html format?

Cheers,
CyberKev

L

legend

Kev, a weekly rundown on the PL would be fantastic. I will be adding the standings tables in tonight and it will be just a matter of updating it which I will do on a weekly basis. Your idea about getting some reporters to cover inividual clubs is a good one and we'll probablyhead down that road soon but I wanted to give all who contribute to this site first dibs on some reporting for the site. I have seen enough quality here to lead me to beleive that we can cover most sports within the hallowed walls of this site. If you want to drop either myself or Willow an e-mail feel free to raise any suggestions or issues. R990204 can you send me an e-mail as well when you get the time.

Cheers guys.

L

legend

I just want to put this at the top again. There are some great writers on this site and it would be ashame if we could not get a few to express their views to the greater sporting public. Guys like SS20, Bug, Vertigo, Cryptic, Edwahu, Hass can all make great contributions and we want a diverse range of opinions. So come on guys, help us make the website a roaring success.

L

legend

Sorry, i forgot to add a few tidbits. We are looking to cover some of the less recognised competitions in the hope of giving them some much needed exposure. We want to get a few reports on the Metro Cup in Sydney and also the Tertairy Cup which as a competition is very underrated and really does need a leg up.

Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thats right legend, I'm thinking of starting up a 'land yachts' section but the proposed 'Bingo' section may take precedence.
emwink.gif

What I have done tonight is make it easier for anyone to submit an article or opinion. I'd like people to test it out... the URL is:
http://www.sportsunlimited-online.com/feedback.html
I have also placed a link on the main page at: http://www.sportsunlimited-online.com

Let me know if this system is better or worse than just sending emails.

L

legend

Willow, I have just had a look at the page myself and that looks bloody awesome. Surely that concept will make it easier for any budding sports journo to submit an article.

TheSaint

Juniors
I am perfectly willing to do a weekly round up of the Norwegian Tippenlagen. No, I am not joking, I want the job of reporting Norwegian Soccer.

I think Lillestrom will be favourites in next years season after finishing second. Viking will all so be strong andRosenborg should struggle after the depature of their long time manager which will bring an end to their run or 10 Premierships in a row. Lyn will be another team to watch out for with a few big scalps in the season, but failure to beat minows such as Brann was their downfall. I'd all so like to mention Odd Grenland because they have a cool name.