What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Representative Idea

fourxman

Juniors
As Australia have been so dominant in the international representative games i thought a good idea maybe to have a representative game between the NRL and English Super League each season as well. So the best of our 16 clubs versus the best of there 12 teams.

This means players like Sonny Bill, Asotasi and Benji could have the opportunity to possibly represent the NRL with the Gasniers, Masons, Thurstons and co.

And could play against some of the stars in England including the Kiwis and Aussies that are over there.

And by no means am i suggesting that we get rid of the Tri Series, Test Matches we currently have.

I might get crap for even suggesting this but i thought it might be an interesting idea.

mepelthwack

Juniors
It's not the dumbest idea I ever heard of.

In fact if they played 1 in Australia, 1 in England and a decider if needed in some cool place like Hong Kong, I think it could work.

ozbash

Referee
the only way the international game will ever gain momentum is for Aussie to play by the rules...

forget your left field ideas, the systems are in place,, lets use them as they were intended.

no name

Coach
This idea has been posted on another forum.

Someone came up with the name "Best of NRL V Best of NRL 5 years ago"

There would be about 3 Pommy players with the rest of them being former NRL players.

no name

Coach
the only way the international game will ever gain momentum is for Aussie to play by the rules...

forget your left field ideas, the systems are in place,, lets use them as they were intended.

And what rules have Australia broken?

roughyedspud

Coach
maybe 5 years ago but not anymore..i can think of only 3 or 4 aussies or kiwis i'd have in a 'super league dream team..

1. brent webb*
2. ade gardner
3. matt gidley*
4. ?
5. ?
6. leon pryce
7. rob burrow
all the pack would be english so we don't have to worry about that

The only thing you would see is a bunch of former-Aussies and what sort of form they are in now. But still, not much difference from World Club Challenge, wouldn't mind it being brought down here for once.

nadera78

Juniors
Sounds like something dennis fitzgerald would come up with. We barely have space in the schedule for internationals, why clog it up with crap like this?

innsaneink

Referee
This idea has been posted on another forum.

Someone came up with the name "Best of NRL V Best of NRL 5 years ago"

There would be about 3 Pommy players with the rest of them being former NRL players.

LOL.

Seriously, it would be interesting - for how long though Im not sure, buts its novel.

hutch

First Grade
we need to put all our focus into the international game, not meaningless games like this!

Hypocrates

Juniors
I think the english side would win because they take all our best players, look at the world club challenge results.

Latest posts