What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rescue plan to change the fortunes of scandal-plagued Cronulla Sharks

big hit!

Bench
Sydney property bubble confirmed. Sell everything you have.

There's been a bubble for over 20 years apparently.

It's not a bubble, it's under supply. There 'might' be a correction with any interest rate rises, but the arse falling out of the Sydney market - particularly the inner city or near the beach - is far fetched. Rental vacancies have been low which suggests that there is little availability generally.

Weaponhead

Coach
So much hate coming towards a club developing revenue streams that aren't reliant on fools pumping money into poker machines.

The Sharks may not become superpowers but they will be far better off than certain other clubs who do not have additional revenue streams to exploit.

In 2 years time the club will be debt free and accumulating an asset base that will provide a significant increase in revenues that will allow it to invest in football resources that it currently misses. No one suggests that this will guarantee success but it will be enough to shift attention the other clubs who are reliant on the NRL right now. This will be inconvenient for the haters who love good shark bash on LU.

For those saying that they will blow the money are missing the salient point that the club would be currently breaking even if not for asada related costs. The revenue base is estimated to increase by at least 4m per year based on returns from investment, rental from retail, increased grants from the leagues club. This does not include likely increases in sponsorship that will flow with commercial success. This is on top of no longer making interest payments on debt. You don't need to be Bunniesman to see that it is a much healthier picture and one that plenty of other clubs wish they had to look forward to.

The re remaining debt was signed over to the pizza shop guy.
There is no debt.
Unless there's new debt.

Would depend on asada case.
Which is taking it's f**kn time. I mean it's July.

Hurry up sports geeks

Up the Sharkies, best fans in the game (apart from us of course). Hope things work out and you guys can be successful and give everyone else shit in the future.

Sack the narcissistic up himself Captain who also sadly captains our state. No one has a higher opinion of themselves than Gallen. He needs an education cos he is a deadset embarassment. Peter Sharp did not deserve what he copped from Mr Know It All. Under all the scar tissue lies a bunch of decent fans waiting for a break. I am talking about you Cronulla fans. Gallen tried to defend Carney by playing the grieving friend card. He has not the luxury of that. he is the captain. None of his players should be more important than the other. What about putting the club first. There is no defence for what carney has done to you lot. He should have disowned Carney completely. Carney had noone from the sharks fan base in mind that night.

Last edited:

yadamisha

Juniors
Imagine what we can do when we don't have 13 players missing and can afford to spend the same on the football club as Canterbury!!

What club wants a loan to pay their council rent, you can borrow it from the rent we RECEIVE from our Shops?

yadamisha

Juniors
So much hate coming towards a club developing revenue streams that aren't reliant on fools pumping money into poker machines.

The Sharks may not become superpowers but they will be far better off than certain other clubs who do not have additional revenue streams to exploit.

In 2 years time the club will be debt free and accumulating an asset base that will provide a significant increase in revenues that will allow it to invest in football resources that it currently misses. No one suggests that this will guarantee success but it will be enough to shift attention the other clubs who are reliant on the NRL right now. This will be inconvenient for the haters who love good shark bash on LU.

For those saying that they will blow the money are missing the salient point that the club would be currently breaking even if not for asada related costs. The revenue base is estimated to increase by at least 4m per year based on returns from investment, rental from retail, increased grants from the leagues club. This does not include likely increases in sponsorship that will flow with commercial success. This is on top of no longer making interest payments on debt. You don't need to be Bunniesman to see that it is a much healthier picture and one that plenty of other clubs wish they had to look forward to.

Geeze Weapon, don't shock them with the facts, it destroys their argument!

I know you're referring to an asset base which will be accumulating revenue on top of a conservative cash base of $30+ Million (not counting the $10 mil already received) which will provide a base for stability and growth. Sponsorship is not far behind the Bunnies on a nearly blank jersey now, imagine what it could reach once the dark clouds disappear! 1,200 people living next door to the ground will only help in turnover at the club.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Sack the narcissistic up himself Captain who also sadly captains our state. No one has a higher opinion of themselves than Gallen. He needs an education cos he is a deadset embarassment. Peter Sharp did not deserve what he copped from Mr Know It All. Under all the scar tissue lies a bunch of decent fans waiting for a break. I am talking about you Cronulla fans. Gallen tried to defend Carney by playing the grieving friend card. He has not the luxury of that. he is the captain. None of his players should be more important than the other. What about putting the club first. There is no defence for what carney has done to you lot. He should have disowned Carney completely. Carney had noone from the sharks fan base in mind that night.

Go support Queensland then!

Sharp didn't deserve it but nevertheless, he shouldn't have been there if he didn't want the job in the first place.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Geeze Weapon, don't shock them with the facts, it destroys their argument!

I know you're referring to an asset base which will be accumulating revenue on top of a conservative cash base of $30+ Million (not counting the $10 mil already received) which will provide a base for stability and growth. Sponsorship is not far behind the Bunnies on a nearly blank jersey now, imagine what it could reach once the dark clouds disappear! 1,200 people living next door to the ground will only help in turnover at the club.

You cant rule it out, but i dont think anyone actually believes this to be true...

I cant say for sure (i havent seen their books), but intuitively that just sounds like utter bullshit; if the sponsors arent on the jersey, where are they hiding them??

All i can imagine is: A) they are counting the stadium sponsorship by Remondis (but that would largely be sunk in mantanance and staffing), or B) the figure they keep talking about is potental sponsorship dollars they would get from the vacant jersey spots (if so, the amoiunts are their own estimates, NOT actual worth...)

Card Shark

Immortal
It's extremely hard to believe when there are no "big" sponsors (until now), which invariably are the ones on the jumper.

Weaponhead

Coach
It's extremely hard to believe when there are no "big" sponsors (until now), which invariably are the ones on the jumper.

I have no idea how they come up with the 5mil in current sponsorship. It doesn't really make sense when compared to other teams. The only thing I can think of is that they includ 'in kind' sponsorship.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Awaits the nimby's moving next door to call for the closure of the stadium due to noise and traffic problems!

Income is just one of the issues the sharks have, at least it sounds like they will keep from financial meltdown which is a start point. Deal with poor management, lack of fanbase, lack of attraction as opponents, brand damage, antiquated stadium and player culture and you'll be a decent club one day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have no idea how they come up with the 5mil in current sponsorship. It doesn't really make sense when compared to other teams. The only thing I can think of is that they includ 'in kind' sponsorship.

It's rubbish! They will no doubt have factored in the bail outs from the developers and the bank debt transferring. Only main sponsorship they have had this year is remondis for stadium.

elbusto

Coach
Awaits the nimby's moving next door to call for the closure of the stadium due to noise and traffic problems!

Income is just one of the issues the sharks have, at least it sounds like they will keep from financial meltdown which is a start point. Deal with poor management, lack of fanbase, lack of attraction as opponents, brand damage, antiquated stadium and player culture and you'll be a decent club one day.
And on a slightly more positive note ....