What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rescue plan to change the fortunes of scandal-plagued Cronulla Sharks

Perth Red

Post Whore
On a positive note they do a great job in player recruitment generally and the fans that do go are awesome. Been to shark park twice and met some great lads and enjoyed good nights of RL conversation with them.

It's wonderful to read contributions from the financial experts on this forum.

If you don't know the facts, why call bullshit?

Do any if you calling it rubbish actually know the list of sponsors, what they contribute and for how much? We own our stadium, that in itself opens up direct marketing opportunities.

If you want to look into it, wait for the end of year reports and have a look at the detail. Then comment.

PR you are so obvious mate. How's your Perth team going in the NRL? Oh wait...that's right

txta2

First Grade
Not having a dig,
is this thread about relocation? Clearly having a dig.
And from the NRL perspective, they don't want to lose southern Sydney to another code.

Income is just one of the issues the sharks have, at least it sounds like they will keep from financial meltdown which is a start point. Deal with poor management, lack of fanbase, lack of attraction as opponents, brand damage, antiquated stadium and player culture and you'll be a decent club one day.
Cause the Sharks are the only team with these problems

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
PR you are so obvious mate. How's your Perth team going in the NRL? Oh wait...that's right

You are reading me wrong, we will get a club sooner if

a) a club goes bust
B) all 16 existing clubs are high performing

Seeing as the NRL has said they won't let a) happen that means the sooner sht house clubs get their act together the sooner we will see NRL in Perth.

Nice original dig though, never been said before on here, well done.

a) a club goes bust

Seeing as the NRL has said they won't let a) happen that means the sooner sht house clubs get their act together the sooner we will see NRL in Perth.

I should appreciate the compliment,however for some strange reason I just don't give a shit

Griffoshark66

First Grade

a) a club goes bust

Go f**k yourself merkin. Enjoy supporting the AFL and some rubbish Super Rugby team that no one gives a shit about.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha, some people just can't handle the truth. AFL? What are you 12 years old? Get your sht club in order so cities that can support a team get one or drop to your real level, melbourne will be glad to have you as their feeder reserve grade.

oikee

Juniors
I am not death riding the Sharks, but for the good of the game to expand, outside of a geniused retreating falling crowds of a Sydney biased comp (some massive derby crowds this weekend 10, 12 and 16 thousand) and a Origin dead rubber that wont sell-out because of grubby tactics that nswales try to inflict on the public (Gallen trying to convince the public that getting your head punched in is way cool),,,,
i think for the growth and good of the game, Cronulla and another Sydney club must move merge or die.

The game is mud, the players have added to this bad image, and it is not only time to introduce a female presence , but also get rid of clubs that have dragged the code into the gutter, so to speak.

Manly and the Roosters are another two clubs that cant grow the game, why do they seem to get first pick of superstars.
Hayne will be off to America soon and Parra will again be left floating without a rudder.
This code has no understanding of massive growth.
Cities of millions go without a team or two.

I am not death riding the Sharks, but for the good of the game to expand, outside of a geniused retreating falling crowds of a Sydney biased comp (some massive derby crowds this weekend 10, 12 and 16 thousand) and a Origin dead rubber that wont sell-out because of grubby tactics that nswales try to inflict on the public (Gallen trying to convince the public that getting your head punched in is way cool),,,,
i think for the growth and good of the game, Cronulla and another Sydney club must move merge or die.

The game is mud, the players have added to this bad image, and it is not only time to introduce a female presence , but also get rid of clubs that have dragged the code into the gutter, so to speak.

Manly and the Roosters are another two clubs that cant grow the game, why do they seem to get first pick of superstars.
Hayne will be off to America soon and Parra will again be left floating without a rudder.
This code has no understanding of massive growth.
Cities of millions go without a team or two.

Don't forget, cut the dog as their fans are trouble makers and St George too, Borrowing money from the NRL. Cut em all , everyone the whole NRL stinks.

FMD this whole discussion is in the cave for a reason