What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade discussion.

betcats

Referee
How could they miss that? The ball was caught in goal... if it hit the upright and didn't go through it lands in the field of play. Unlelss there's a ridiculous wind.

That's beyond a joke. Were the officials rewarded for f**king us over like Sutton was?

I was watching and I didn’t catch it or any of the commentators at that. I don’t know I missed it after seeing that but I did.

GongPanther

Referee
How could they miss that? The ball was caught in goal... if it hit the upright and didn't go through it lands in the field of play. Unless there's a ridiculous wind.

That's beyond a joke. Were the officials rewarded for f**king us over like Sutton was?
Especially after the Dragons player caught the ball behind the goal line after it hit the post. Linesmen caught sleeping on the job there.

The Realist

Juniors
Especially after the Dragons player caught the ball behind the goal line after it hit the post. Linesmen caught sleeping on the job there.

A friend of mine was remarking how linesmen are now completely redundant. I mentioned to him that they still have the job of judging conversions/penalty goals. It seems as though they are pretty useless at that as well...

GongPanther

Referee
A friend of mine was remarking how linesmen are now completely redundant. I mentioned to him that they still have the job of judging conversions/penalty goals. It seems as though they are pretty useless at that as well...
Part of the problem is the colour of the ball is the same as the goalpost.

When they were using leather balls, it wasn't a problem in making a decision in regards to the ball passing the post.

Maybe if they painted the rear half of the posts with a thin black vertical stripe so the ball would easily stand out.

Players converting wide out wont be affected being the angle wouldn't be so acute.

Or save time and money have the bunker judge whether it was a goal or not.

(That last sentence took me 5 minutes to type because of the tears of laughter)

betcats

Referee
Burton looks all class, man of the match for sure

Yeah every thing he does looks classy. He’s a real natural footy player from what I’ve seen, vision and skill to go along impressive size and speed...very good prospect.

Also Crichton is deadset the biggest guy on the field.

Kilkenny

Coach
Only watched the second half and it was pretty one sided. Didn’t notice Charlie Staines so assume he was 18th man. Burton had a good 2nd half and was Blocker’s MOM although the Blues appeared to have lots of good performers.

How old is Burton? Cleary debuted pretty young, he could be closer to FG than we think.

If Maloney leaves there’s a spot in the top 30 for another half.

Trust me Maloney is off to Catalans so there will be a spot.

Well Burton is the style of player we need next to Cleary, whether he's good enough is yet to be decided. But it's good there's someone like him coming through.

Luai will get the first shot to make the position his own, though.

Latest posts