What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade discussion.

betcats

Referee
They probably wont all fit into our side but the truth is they probably wont all kick on. Luai, Burton, Staines, Laurie......They are all potentially in the mix next season(Luai obviously well ahead right now) but it will come down to who makes another step up and who doesn't, likely only a couple of them will.

franklin2323

Immortal
They probably wont all fit into our side but the truth is they probably wont all kick on. Luai, Burton, Staines, Laurie......They are all potentially in the mix next season(Luai obviously well ahead right now) but it will come down to who makes another step up and who doesn't, likely only a couple of them will.

Yeah some will be duds but Staines on wing. Luai has played some hooker. There is the option of centre for someone too. No reason all can't be in the top 30 for a couple of seasons and see how it plays out

OldPanther

Coach
Even more reason to get flexible with your players

Depends on the players I guess. I can't specifically comment on these young blokes because I don't see them enough. Also we finally got Luai in a different position, at fullback, and he was injured so a missed opportunity to observe that as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends on the players I guess. I can't specifically comment on these young blokes because I don't see them enough. Also we finally got Luai in a different position, at fullback, and he was injured so a missed opportunity to observe that as well.

Aside from Burton the others have been mixed around.

Tedesco is the only spine player I can of not to move around. Even the Storm big 3. Slater debuted as a centre. Cronk was a centre/Utility. Smith played half. So just because they play with these numbers now doesn't mean that is their position always

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers v Knights
Panthers Stadium
12.45pm Saturday 20 July

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Brayden MCGRADY
5. Matheson JOHNS
6. Matt BURTON
7. Dean BLORE
8. Spencer LENIU
9. Reed IZZARD
10. Kaide ELLIS
11. Billy BURNS
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
13. Hame SELE

14. Pat HOLLIS
15. Sam MCKENDRY
16. Tyrell FUIMAONO
17. Paea PUA

The match will be broadcast live on Fox League.

Hey we have the TV game!

OldPanther

Coach
Do you guys want a highlights package if the reserve grade game?

Turns out under Australian copyright law you can use copyrighted material if you are reporting on it like journalism.

Camo66

Juniors
Hi Guys new member.... Mate of mine knows Matheson Johns family and he said apparently McGrady has done his ACL for the second time at training. I feel for him as he must be gutted. Played a great game last week end. Not sure how bad it is but he wont obviously play this week or probably again this season if correct

OldPanther

Coach
Hi Guys new member.... Mate of mine knows Matheson Johns family and he said apparently McGrady has done his ACL for the second time at training. I feel for him as he must be gutted. Played a great game last week end. Not sure how bad it is but he wont obviously play this week or probably again this season if correct

Welcome. Hope we see more of you.

That's sad news. Hopefully he isn't too bad.

betcats

Referee

Unfortunate if true

Panfa

Juniors
Thats a real shame if true mcgrady was just starting to hit his straps now this happens.Matheson goes good ive watched him play a few games this yr hes a strong runner and defender can play centre/backrow but has been named on the wing this week.

Camo66

Juniors
Thats a real shame if true mcgrady was just starting to hit his straps now this happens.Matheson goes good ive watched him play a few games this yr hes a strong runner and defender can play centre/backrow but has been named on the wing this week.
Yes hes a great kid as well. Thats how we found out because I think he has moved from the wing back into a utility role and back row this weekend as McGrady is out. They have brought up a 20's winger.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do you guys want a highlights package if the reserve grade game?

Turns out under Australian copyright law you can use copyrighted material if you are reporting on it like journalism.

NSWRL website has them all. I am sure you could link them and be ok

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has finalised his side to face Newcastle Knights at Panthers Stadium.

Centre Brayden McGrady has been withdrawn after suffering a torn ACL at training, while Paea Pua misses out due to concussion protocol.

The match will be broadcast live on Fox League.

Panthers v Knights
Panthers Stadium
12.45pm Saturday 20 July

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
5. Matheson JOHNS
16. Tyrell FUIMAONO
18. Jake TAGO
6. Matt BURTON
7. Dean BLORE
15. Sam MCKENDRY
9. Reed IZZARD
10. Kaide ELLIS
11. Billy BURNS
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
13. Hame SELE

14. Pat HOLLIS
8. Spencer LENIU
19. Brendan HANDS
20. J'maine HOPGOOD
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/07/20/canterbury-cup-late-mail-round-18/

Latest posts