What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade discussion.

Panfa

Juniors
We were down 18-10 got back in front 22-18 from a billy burns double then lost 30-22 disappointing finish but we did have a lot out.

OldPanther

Coach
Lenui got a double today. I'd be dropping RCG/Mansour and bringing up Lenui/Crichton even just for one game. Though Crichton who is 6'4 100kg and faster than Mansour should be promoted permenantly to get experience for next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lenui got a double today. I'd be dropping RCG/Mansour and bringing up Lenui/Crichton even just for one game. Though Crichton who is 6'4 100kg and faster than Mansour should be promoted permenantly to get experience for next year.

Centre is more a concern then wing for me

franklin2323

Immortal
A taller faster bigger winger would be better under the high ball for a start. The fact Mansour hasn't been targeted is a miracle.

But would have the same strengths coming off the line? Until Naden learns to pass that pretty much is all that winger is good for

OldPanther

Coach
But would have the same strengths coming off the line? Until Naden learns to pass that pretty much is all that winger is good for

With the size yes he probably would be just as good. To'o is doing fine as a rookie and is smaller than Crichton. We can't win the comp this year I'd get the team ready for next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
With the size yes he probably would be just as good. To'o is doing fine as a rookie and is smaller than Crichton. We can't win the comp this year I'd get the team ready for next year.

I know it sounds weird given they are running 2nd but NSW Cup has been playing pretty ordinary the last month or so. Leuinu aside no one seems FG ready.

1st thing is 1st get a decent attack coach to get FG playing better for these guys coming into

OldPanther

Coach
I know it sounds weird given they are running 2nd but NSW Cup has been playing pretty ordinary the last month or so. Leuinu aside no one seems FG ready.

1st thing is 1st get a decent attack coach to get FG playing better for these guys coming into

That's a good idea. Shame we had a "job for the boys" mentality and gave Wallace the job of attack coach when he wasn't known for that in his playing days.

maple_69

Bench
I think Mansour has been very good the last month. He’s been confident in his defensive decisions and making good ones and he is making good metres/quick play the balls. Without a centre to pass to him that’s all he can do. He had a bad game. If you were to drop him I’d put Naden on the wing and have Crichton inside him. I think Naden can stick as a winger but probably is close to his ceiling as a centre with zero ability to feed his winger.

The Realist

Juniors
On Sunday Nadan was finally exposed. Till now we have been caught in the euphoria of the 7 win run and the good play from the young promoted players.

Now reality has hit us in the form of the Canberra Raiders and most of the young brigade were exposed as well as a few (failing) veterans.

I think it is no surprise that he was targeted, he had a few years playing for Mounties so Ricky and co would be well aware of his tendencies and weaknesses.

During our run there were signs that Nadan was an indifferent defender however that was masked by our general good play and the players around him. Not on Sunday.

The positive is that defence is something that can definitely be improved on with age and experience so lets not consign him to the scrap heap yet. He isn't likely to ever be an elite centre, but so long as he is reliable and offers good value I would continue with him.