What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resident Evil 5 or Godfather 2?

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Has anyone played either of these?
Anyone got any comments they could share that would help my investment decision.

perverse

Referee
i've heard that resident evil 5 isn't that great unless you play co-op/online. i've heard the godfather 2 is crap beyond belief.

haven't played either personally though.

AILD

Bench
i was going to get RE5 untill i played the demo....still cant walk and shoot at the same time...WTF?

godfather 2 looks good....ill be getting that soon.

bulldog

Bench
I played some of Godfather 2 on the PC, I don't think much of it in terms of gameplay (very similar to the first, with some small extras), the graphics are average, physics and driving models are very arcadey as well. Definitely won't be rushing out to grab it.

i've heard the godfather 2 is crap beyond belief.

Harsh but fair.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have both, but I haven't yet played Godfather II.

Resi 5:

* Walking and not being able to shoot at the same time really adds to the atmosphere; imagine you're in a tight corridor and you have three or four waves of Majini screaming and running right at you - what do you do? Do you stay and fight or do you run? Either way the game enhances everything you do by making it more adrenaline-pumping - standing still as three enemies rush at you as you pick them off really gets your heart pumping. Same with reloading - you can only reload while standing still.

* It's only got one or two "scary" moments in it. The rest will get your heart racing but they're not "scary". This is an action game.

* It isn't original (in fact it borrows a lot from the Metal Gear Solid series imo), but it's damn fun.

* I bought it a month ago and I am still playing it offline (I don't indulge in online gaming tbh).

Bottom line is it's pretty fun.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Godfather II, simply because Capcom are absolute scum, selling content for extra even though it's already on the disc.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I went with Resident Evil 5. Surprisingly the girlfriend wants to spend some quality time with me and play the co-op which looks like the way to play it.

My just play it over Easter and return it for Godfather 2. Got to love EB Games 7 day return policy.

Azkatro

First Grade
First time I played Resident Evil 5 I got mobbed by zombies in the house at the start (when the executioner comes after you) and thought it was the biggest load of sh*t in the history of video games. But then I had another crack it and learnt the concept of running around and generally getting a feel for the game. Having played Call of Duty mostly of late it took a bit of getting used to but it's quite fun. The story's a bit of a laugh, even though I never bothered trawling through all the documents you find in the game, and it keeps you interested up to the end. Then there is plenty of other stuff to muck around with.

Eelementary

Post Whore
First time I played Resident Evil 5 I got mobbed by zombies in the house at the start (when the executioner comes after you) and thought it was the biggest load of sh*t in the history of video games. But then I had another crack it and learnt the concept of running around and generally getting a feel for the game. Having played Call of Duty mostly of late it took a bit of getting used to but it's quite fun. The story's a bit of a laugh, even though I never bothered trawling through all the documents you find in the game, and it keeps you interested up to the end. Then there is plenty of other stuff to muck around with.

Absolutely - I've beaten it like 6 times, just trying to amass enough points to buy infinite ammo for my key weapons.

Azkatro

First Grade
Absolutely - I've beaten it like 6 times, just trying to amass enough points to buy infinite ammo for my key weapons.
Nice.. I've only gone all the way through once so far, but I'm working on getting a few key weapons upgraded to the max for me and Sheva. I maxxed out the magnum first time around, 3000 damage per bullet but bullets are hard to come by. I worked out it was easier to buy a magnum for 4000, sell it for 400 to get 6 bullets. 600 a bullet!

MattYg1

Bench
Godfather II is such a bag of sh!t...

Seriously you can tell the game is nowhere near being finished...

EA Games once again cashes in on its sports franchises for some reputation after releasing a bomb...

On a side note the game does have a lot of ideas that would work brilliantly if done correctly and with care...

I never have rated the Resident Evil series so im not gonna give an opinion on 5... but after playing Godfather II i would suggest Resi 5...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nice.. I've only gone all the way through once so far, but I'm working on getting a few key weapons upgraded to the max for me and Sheva. I maxxed out the magnum first time around, 3000 damage per bullet but bullets are hard to come by. I worked out it was easier to buy a magnum for 4000, sell it for 400 to get 6 bullets. 600 a bullet!

I no longer have that problem, thankfully. My handgun and magnum are both infinite. ANd did I mention there is no reloading, meaning you can shoot a million bullets without ever stopping to reload? Yah - my fully upgraded lightning hawk magnum with unlimited ammo makes life sooooo easy.

Azkatro

First Grade
I no longer have that problem, thankfully. My handgun and magnum are both infinite. ANd did I mention there is no reloading, meaning you can shoot a million bullets without ever stopping to reload? Yah - my fully upgraded lightning hawk magnum with unlimited ammo makes life sooooo easy.
How many of those BSAA badges have you got? I only have 10/30 and don't have enough points to exchange for infinite ammo! If I get more will I get more points? Or do I have to do other sh*t to get them?

Eelementary

Post Whore
How many of those BSAA badges have you got? I only have 10/30 and don't have enough points to exchange for infinite ammo! If I get more will I get more points? Or do I have to do other sh*t to get them?

I have like 2.

Basically, what you do is this:

* Get lots of treasures during the actual game
* Sell those treasures when Buying, Organizing or Selling your inventory; this gives you cash
* Use this cash to upgrade the weapon you want infinite ammo for to the max; infinite ammo only is available to maxed out weapons
* Complete chapters as quickly and accurately as possible; you'll get a ranking (for example, S) and you'll be given points (say 900) - it's these points you use to buy infinite ammo for a weapon

Once you've maxed a weapon out, go to the Bonus features menu (the one where you can buy the figurines and such) and scroll down until you find Inifnite Ammo for your weapon.

Eg: Lightning Hawk (L. Hawk) (Mag) Infinite Ammo ------ 2,000 EXP

Once you've bought it, go to the Special Features menu and switch "Infinite Ammo" to 'ON'.

Start a game, in that menu switch "Infinite Ammo" to "ON", start playing and any weapons you've maxed out and bought the infinite ammo for will have unlimited ammunition.

Azkatro

First Grade
Nice ... forgot about the experience points at the end of a level. I maxed out the M3 shotgun and I need 12,000 points to buy infinite ammo for it! I had more than that after I first finished the game, but I wasted it all on figurines :lol:

Lynch

Juniors
go buy RE5 now!
its not as good as RE4 on wii buts its solid and no-one can miss a RE release

Eelementary

Post Whore
I only recently got The Godfather II (I pre-ordered it from mightyape.co.nz and only recently got it.).

After having played it a bit, while it isn't perfect, it is still pretty fun imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok: I beat GF II and I have to say - it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

It's glitchy and annoying at times, true.

But it's biggest problem is that it is short and really rather easy.

Fun, though.

Latest posts