What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resignings

Mighty Tiger

Bench
simon says said:
And on Orford....I see what you guys are saying,but I think our fist priority is to get some big boppers.No use havin g the best backs on the cimo if we arent getting the meters to let them weave theri magic.........

Johns and Orford would be great........but put them behind Stringer and Parsons and the bioys we already have and we are in business IMHO.

Engine room first and then........

I can see your point and to be honest no half will sign a contract unless there is a good forwrad pack for them to work off.

In saying that if we can snare a prop quickly and with our current playing roster I really don't think a half would have to many problems at our club - in saying that I doubt we would get orford either way I would be more inclined to go after someone like Hohia, Fien, Gidley or even if Witt decides to take steps further with the Eels and leave go after him.

super_coach

First Grade
with the likes of sattler and graham,with probably only one more year to go.I think they need to be looking at players to replace these guys.
Moodie given as great value this year-but i dont think his our priority for next season.I know sheen once said a player isnt worth a cracker till their notched up a 100 first grade games.i dont agree,but that is direction he will keep going-go for the proven performers.
like all before me-orford would be magic--even with prince and marshall--but i cant see him leaving the storm for us

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
freakincage said:
Matt Adamson is off contract at the end of the year can play prop & 2nd row, and now he's made big $$$ in england we might be able to sign him cheap.
Or why not throw 400k a year at Loti I know it's a bit of a toss up but we would be one of the only clubs with the cap space to fit him in & he did play with Prince for a couple of years.

Adamson won't go to the Tigers and would either head back home to the Panthers or stay playing in UKSL

Lote well sure we are under the cap but there is a good reason why we are ---- WE DON"T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with Lote, we wont have the money

However on Adamson - why not? - he used to be coached by Royce, so they would have a pre-relationship, and if he wanted to come back to the NRL that would really give us a chance, cause Penrith definetly would not be after him with there current side already.

simon says

First Grade
Id have Adamson no worries.He is a big bopper and has been going great guns in the UK,not too mention he is a former rep player.

Cant see Penrith signing him up with al their qualty backrowers.ANd he is old,but Id give him a call.........

bonstonker

Juniors
freakincage said:
Yeah I know just a bit of a pipe dream, but back to the resignings 1-Skando 2-Moodie. Does anyone know how long Gibbs & Laffranchi have left? both should be signed up long term.

this time next year i hope you will not be asking them to be re-signed.

next year we have nearly everyone off contract at this stage.

bonstonker

Juniors
and the players i would like to sign for 2005 and beyond are mason and shreck.

8)skando
9)farah
10)shreck
11)mason
12)boof
13)satts

bench and depth in forwards

payten
lima
gibbs
galea
buckets
graham
wilson
halatau
bronson

that is a forward pack that our current backline would thrive behind.

simon says

First Grade
Shreck has been singned by the Bulldogs.....Id defintely be calling on Mason though.....he is in great form.Had a top game last night and I expect him to make Origin.

You could have Stringer instead of Shrek,his contract is up.....

westie

Bench
simon says said:
Shreck has been singned by the Bulldogs.....Id defintely be calling on Mason though.....he is in great form.Had a top game last night and I expect him to make Origin.

You could have Stringer instead of Shrek,his contract is up.....

When was O'Meley signed?

Gobbso

Juniors
The start of the Seasons, before the Coffs Harbour fiasco. Signed on for a further 2-3 years which takes his contract till 2006 or 2007.

Suzie

Juniors
_A_J_Gray_ said:

However on Adamson - why not? - he used to be coached by Royce, so they would have a pre-relationship, and if he wanted to come back to the NRL that would really give us a chance, cause Penrith definetly would not be after him with there current side already.
I think you'll find that Adamson was one of the senior players who led the revolt at Penrith to oust Royce, Mark Levy and whoever else went 2 years ago, so that that pre-relationship may not be a beneficial one ...

Also, Adamson was a great player, about 10 yearsa go, some people were complaining about Satts and Graham and Moodie because of their age,a nd they were still playing top grade footy last year.
I am a fan of Adamson's from way back, but I think the Tigers can do much better.

gr8_1

Juniors
I hate this part of the season... instead of players, fans and commentators concentrating on football -- the conversation turns to signing players for the following year.

simon says

First Grade
Funny thats why I love it.Im sick of talking about how crap we are.At least with some signings there is some hope that one day we will be half decent.....

I love the silly season.....especially when we are in the hunt.......Mason and Stringer please.......