What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Results go our way.

I thought after yesterday we would drop to around 11th or there abouts. But with the Panthers, Eels, Broncs & Storm losing this weekend, we still find ourselves in that middle area of the ladder, still only one win out of the top 4.(Depending on the last couple of results)

Worryingly though our for and against is now into the negative. If we can jag a win next round against the bullcheats, we'll be right up there. Whilst yesterday was poor, we are still in the money for a top 8 spot with 1/3 of the comp gone. Chin up Boys and Girls

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
As Sterlo says " when you rely on other teams to lose, your in trouble, you want the destiny in your hands"

Redvpassion

Juniors
I like the positivity you show.

But to be a force in this comp, we must worry about our performances rather than rely on other results.

hardbaby

Coach
I guess that is good news but it's hard to get excited. So far I haven't seen us beat a single team that will make the Top 8. Every contender just belts us through the middle. There is no doubt it is a better team than last year, they attack well in parts, the do some good stuff. But there are no options, very little thought in what they do, no decoys, no inside balls, no structure. In truth, I see no evidence of coaching at all. We have some talented individuals but as a team we are completely shit.

Yep I hear what you are saying and sterlo may be right. But all the other teams are in the same boat.

We are not going to win the comp this year unless we somehow find some big mobile fwds prior to the June 30 dealine that will allow our brilliant backline some space to move. All I'm saying with confidence is we are still a good chance to make the eight.:D

hardbaby

Coach
Well I'm happy that you have confidence. It's nice feeling that you are a chance. Unfortunately I just don't see it. Not with that pack. Not with that coach. Not with that culture.

2010Dragons

Bench
I hate to admit it, but the way we are playing, we will be lucky to win another game.
Season is over.....

pfrano

Juniors
I cannot believe the negativity, pessimism, cynicism and every other synonym you could throw in there.

We improved greatly from last year and our attack is vastly better than last year.

Did you really expect to compete this year with the roosters and rabbits.

Get a reality check. At best we are starting to build a team capable of competing and we need to be patient.

The salary cap gives each side a 2 to 3 year window to savour success, then you need to start shedding key players and fall back in ladder. Well at least the honest teams.

We had our 3 years and now are rebuilding and appear to have bought a few class players. Now we need for some big forwards and we have a formidable side.

But remember, it only gives you a limited window to taste success.

In the meantime support our team and be happy to get into the 8. We could have been a little bit further up the ladder with some luck and correct refereeing decisions.

TruSaint

Referee
I cannot believe the negativity, pessimism, cynicism and every other synonym you could throw in there.

We improved greatly from last year and our attack is vastly better than last year.

Get a reality check. At best we are starting to build a team capable of competing and we need to be patient.

The salary cap gives each side a 2 to 3 year window to savour success, then you need to start shedding key players and fall back in ladder. Well at least the honest teams.

We had our 3 years and now are rebuilding and appear to have bought a few class players. Now we need for some big forwards and we have a formidable side.

In the meantime support our team and be happy to get into the 8. We could have been a little bit further up the ladder with some luck and correct refereeing decisions.

How many years of so called " re-building" do you want?

Salary cap?
We have been in the scrap heap for 3 years already.

I can handle losing to the Chooks, and the Rabbits.
But NOT being humiliated.
Yesterdays effort was nothing short of embarrassment.

And please, dont come on here and tell us to support the team,... that's all we do FFS.

Our attack has improved ... but at what cost?
So we score 6 more points per game and concede another 8.
Look at the ladder mate. We are already 1/3 through the comp and we have a sh..t
differential.

On form we are nowhere near a finals side.
I respect your opinion, but am not willing to wait for 2015 / 2016 to see a change.

Minh

First Grade
I believe this is a good time to replace Price, 3 from 3 start should have built some momentum, yet we win 1 from the next 5 when it mattered most getting easily rolled by the good teams, the soft underbelly is back......unfortunately:(

hazzbeen

Bench
How many years of so called " re-building" do you want?

Salary cap?
We have been in the scrap heap for 3 years already.

I can handle losing to the Chooks, and the Rabbits.
But NOT being humiliated.
Yesterdays effort was nothing short of embarrassment.

And please, dont come on here and tell us to support the team,... that's all we do FFS.

Our attack has improved ... but at what cost?
So we score 6 more points per game and concede another 8.
Look at the ladder mate. We are already 1/3 through the comp and we have a sh..t
differential.

On form we are nowhere near a finals side.
I respect your opinion, but am not willing to wait for 2015 / 2016 to see a change.
X2 you took the words right out of my mouth ..hey maybe we can get meat loaf to play prop...

dragonreddy

Juniors
I believe this is a good time to replace Price, 3 from 3 start should have built some momentum, yet we win 1 from the next 5 when it mattered most getting easily rolled by the good teams, the soft underbelly is back......unfortunately:(

You,re spot on MINH I think its safe to say your view is shared by a hell of a lot of people on here but unfortunately nobody at the club is listening ,they are too busy thinking up their next excuse or scripted response. The way i see it by changing coach now, and that doesn't mean replacing Price with McGregor , we couldn't be any worse off.

Minh

First Grade
You,re spot on MINH I think its safe to say your view is shared by a hell of a lot of people on here but unfortunately nobody at the club is listening ,they are too busy thinking up their next excuse or scripted response. The way i see it by changing coach now, and that doesn't mean replacing Price with McGregor , we couldn't be any worse off.

Sadly we are a mere punching bag for most good sides, blown away early too. Teams roll through us too like easily. If we continue losing, I believe those excuses will get louder like you said.

ggould

Juniors
Don't give a rats what other teams do or don't do!!! We have yet to beat anyone tipped to make the 8!! In fact we have been smashed every single time!!! Charity Shield form is proving to be correct!!! All the talk in the world won't change the fact that in our last 5 games we are leaking 27 pts a game you win anything at that rate!!!! Leaking pts like a sive!!! Straight to the bottom!!! Of the table without doubt!!! Bulldogs next game god help us!!!!!

2010Dragons

Bench

Should have could, would have, if, but....does NOT wash with me.its all bullshit.
The team has shit discpline because the coach is a soft c**k. Sack the coach and fix the discipline.