What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retire the Alternative Strip

KiamaSaint

Coach
BTW - can anyone tell me why on earth we didn't wear the Red V yesterday and make the Warriors wear their black strip? It was so hot we would have won by a country mile.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Im sick of heritage this and heritage that and acknowledge this nostalgia that etc etc...The game is so commercial now it makes me sick. Every game stands for some kind of anniversary or women in league or avatar out on blu ray or rainbow f**king socks and all this bullshit. Its a game of f**king football and all this appeasing the sponsors rubbish. Our jersey is the red V and unless our colours are going to clash and we are the away team then that is the jumper we should wear. I love the dragons but the game is a pile shit these days. Two teams can't beat the shit out of each other anymore because mums won't let their children play weekend rugby league cause they might get hurt and the NRL want to make money...or the sponsors will get upset. boo hoo...

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lock it? Why? It's all a joke isn't it?

Steela's argument in bumping the thread: "Hey, you think it was a joke, I'll make a reverse joke just to see if St George can take it. That way I can show that I can take it by making a joke... hope no one guesses that I'm actually a pissed off Steelers supporter and I like being a dickhead."

Of course, I was joking when I called Steela a divisive idiot. It's a shame the young fella didn't get it.

steela

Juniors
who's being the dickhead?
take another look mate, was a harmless little joke taken the wrong way by over sensitive supporters.

can you tell me more about myself btw? it's very insightful :lol:

moik

Bench
Our best game this season was in the pink V. We should play in that all the time.

country_dragon

Juniors
In the late nineties the Manchester United football club retired a grey strip that had brought them no success. An awesome team was losing matches they should have been winning easily.

After the last two performances from the Dragons I say we petition the club to retire the red jersey for the rest of the season and just play out of the Red V.

funny you say that, as I was thinking just the same thing on the weekend - we never seem to win any games in the Red kit.. sure is weird.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
who's being the dickhead?
Geez dude, do I have to spell it out?
steela said:
take another look mate, was a harmless little joke
Well it had me rolling in the aisles.

But take your hand off it. You were obviously cranky at the OP and looking for an opportunity to drag it back it up.
steela said:
taken the wrong way by over sensitive supporters.
LOL! Including you. Irony and hypocrisy rolled into one.
steela said:
can you tell me more about myself btw?
Sure.

You can't take a joke.

smi962

First Grade
As do I. I started supporting St.George when I was 5, thats 35 years ago. I am the type of person who thinks that having a "Illawarra Steelers" jersey as our alternate one is a small thing we could do to acknowledge that part of our JV. Is it that much of an issue, really ? How many times do we wear it each year out of 24 regular season games, yet we have people moaning and bitching. From my experience they are usually members of the DA. (That's not a dig at the DA, just an observation that there are a few members who hold the "only red V" ideal, IMO they are the best most vocal supporter group in the NRL & do great work)

If that means I do not care about our heritage as a club, measured against your obviously morally superior standards, meh so be it. We can't all be martyrs for the big red V only cause.

+1, a thread with some commonsense

steela

Juniors
But take your hand off it. You were obviously cranky at the OP and looking for an opportunity to drag it back it up.

LOL! Including you. Irony and hypocrisy rolled into one.

a little trip back to page 1 reveals my first reply, which was in response to someone saying we played bad in the 2nd half... here

our 2nd halves have been bad most of the year, not just the last 2 weeks

as you can see i'm positively steaming from the ears, obviously cranky at the OP, couldn't wait for the opportunity to drag it back up.

maybe I actually WAS having a little joke, sure you may not find it funny, maybe I was humouring myself... do you think that's at least a possibility?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Again, can anyone tell me why we didn't wear the Red V on Sunday and force the Warriors to wear their black?

moik

Bench
Nobody answered because it's ridiculous to think that wearing black would make a shred of difference in August.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Nobody answered because it's ridiculous to think that wearing black would make a shred of difference in August.

Well take it from me as someone who has played in a black jersey (soccer) in August it friggin does.

Latest posts