What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retire the Alternative Strip

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well said.

A bit harsh.

I was down Wollongong way for the grand final last year. The place was going nuts over the Dragons. I caught one of the many trains transporting thousands of these apathetic supporters to Homebush. The day after the gf the Wollongong Entertainment Centre was packed to capacity to see the boys with the trophy. And WIN gets bigger crowds than Kogarah.

I supported the Steelers for their 16 years and quite happily switched to the Dragons. I don't like the 'us' and 'them' mentality. I support the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Threads like this are divisive.
Hang on a sec. Bingerz is the one saying that people in the Illawarra don't support the Dragons. Shouldn't you be correcting him?

STG-MACCA

Bench
The day after the gf the Wollongong Entertainment Centre was packed to capacity to see the boys with the trophy. And WIN gets bigger crowds than Kogarah.

I was one of the many hundreds (that I personally know) that attended the entertainment centre the day after the grand final win that travelled down from Sydney, it wasn't full of people from the illawarra solely.

Statistics that the club release at red v forum events support the claim that more people from Sydney travel to WIN Stadium then vice versa so this assists to bring the crowd numbers up. If people travelled up in larger numbers we would get more at Kogarah FACT!

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Bringing in a Steelers jumper in defiance of negotiated JV terms is the divisive thing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was one of the many hundreds (that I personally know) that attended the entertainment centre the day after the grand final win that travelled down from Sydney, it wasn't full of people from the illawarra solely.

Statistics that the club release at red v forum events support the claim that more people from Sydney travel to WIN Stadium then vice versa so this assists to bring the crowd numbers up. If people travelled up in larger numbers we would get more at Kogarah FACT!

Way too too much logic in that post.

Unfortunately it stems from the parochial nature of certain districts. You only have to look at the posts from jonno knights - the only way he/she will leave home is in a wooden box.

The shire is worse. Some Cronulla supporters still live in the same street as their parents, and most see Gymea as the wild west.

Last edited:

jonno_knights

Juniors
You only have to look at the posts from jonno knights - the only way he/she will leave home is in a wooden box.

You only have to look at Willow's post count to see the only way he/she would leave home is if the internet blew up...

It must hurt that even current Dragons fans (the ex-steelers ones) agree with me...but hey, continue thinking your club is stand-alone and its DRAGONS, DRAGONS, DRAGONS. Ill be enjoying your coach, and best player for the next four years, extending our 2-1 advantage over your pitiful club.

(see I can troll when I want to)

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Some people are just so bitter and negative, it's just a game relax and enjoy it otherwise you're gonna beat yourself up over it like Jonno and some others that come in and try to slander the Dragons and tell us what to think about our team, I pity you guys lol.:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Newcastle is a shit hole.
The Knights also have a crap jersey, imo they should change it.

As it stands, the Newcastle jersey is disrespectful to the orginals of 1908.

Also, their premiership of 1997 has an almighty asterix next to it.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Knights also have a crap jersey, imo they should change it.

As it stands, the Newcastle jersey is disrespectful to the orginals of 1908.

Also, their premiership of 1997 has an almighty asterix next to it.

And their "greatest ever" player is a druggie.

Jonno's been eating too much Henny Penny...

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Johns boys. Sex and drugs and rock 'n... well actually it was just sex and drugs. But if they could sing, they would have been living the dream. Opportunity lost.

They could always join the Screaming Jets or Silverchair's reunion gig...

KiamaSaint

Coach
I would go further than that STG-MACCA and say at least half if not more were from Sydney. I went along too and it was pretty open and relax day, chatting to a lot of supporters as we walked into WIN entertainment, all the people I chatted to were from Sydney.