What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of 2pm sunday games

Moffo

Referee
will this happen all year to suit foxtel?

I'll be ticked off it does. 2pm games do not attract people.

Better yet, it appears as though ch nein has stuck this change in without letting the public know. Dirty deceptive pricks

It is to suit naaaan not Fox
Naaaaaan were pissed off people were missing the start of their coverage when games kicked off at 2.30
I hope Gallop's knees are OK and not too sore from kneeling down to swallow the jizz of naaaan

Moffo

Referee
its merkin like

firstly they take a game off us on sunday arvos (When the actual number of games increased by 1) and then they change the start time

ch9 can kick my arse, and so can foxtel. bunch of league wrecking farkers

mattyg

Bench
2pm games are better for attendances IMO. I got home today around 4.15pm - the sun was still out, it was awesome. Those 3pm kickoffs your not really getting home till the sun goes down, and this impacts on the number of families going to the game.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
It's good the games no longer overlap i hated missing part of one game every week. Seriously 30 mins to people attending the game shouldn't make any difference.

jed

First Grade
Moffo said:
will this happen all year to suit foxtel?

I'll be ticked off it does. 2pm games do not attract people.

Better yet, it appears as though ch nein has stuck this change in without letting the public know. Dirty deceptive pricks
Just a slight over-reaction there Moff? Last year the games started at 2:30 with the channel 9 game starting at 3. This year it's half an hour early, which prevents there being a clash between the different games on TV.

Of course, none of this would matter to you because you head out to watch all the grades, not just the show ponies in 1st Grade, right?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone send across a box of tissues to poor lil' Moff.

Clean up that snotty nose son!

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Someone send across a box of tissues to poor lil' Moff.

Clean up that snotty nose son!

You should buy shares in Kleenex with the amount of crying you do on here.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I actually quite enjoyed the 2pm starting time. Gave me plenty of time to get home, have a rest and watch the 4pm match on TV.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs Of War said:
I actually quite enjoyed the 2pm starting time. Gave me plenty of time to get home, have a rest and watch the 4pm match on TV.

Exactly right. Spreading out the matches more allows for better viewing for the spectator who loves their league.

Quiet Moffo ;-)

Glenn

First Grade
Crippler said:
what was with the even earlier start for the melbourne game?

Allow Fox to broadcast it, and as so not to be in direct competition with the two AFL games in Melb.

skeepe

Immortal
I like the idea of 2pm starts, and I love the idea of a 12pm game. In fact I think the 12pm game should become a regular addition to the round of footy. Just do what they did this round - two Saturday night games instead of 3, and then 3 Sunday games. Perfect, IMO.

Danish

Referee
Why was there 3 games on Sunday this round anyway??

Saturday jus wasnt the same with only 2.

Latest posts