What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the retro

RaidersMalt

Juniors
A special edition of Boots and All on the Thursday night instead of the normal footy show. I think most people would watch 2.5 hours of the history of our footy clubs as opposed to the Variety show we currently have now.

I would love to see that! The footy show now is nothing but a boofheads version of "Hey Hey Its Saturday". Boot's and All (minus Gus) should permanently replace the Footy Show.

yakstorm

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Wests Tigers will wear 80's style Magpies jumpers V Nth Qld at Campbo Rd 25!

Ahh hadn't heard that before, but if your right I'll get one of those jerseys. Go the Mighty Magpies!

Special K

Coach
Cronulla are wearing their old mid 90s one but with the colours flipped. So it will be black(I'm guessing because they had the retro one against souths in 2002 and it is a marketing gimmick) where it used to be blue, and blue lines rather than black ones.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Some of the players already look 80s retro, Mark McLinden, Chris Hicks, Nathan Hindmarsh, Kirk Reynoldson, Phil Bailey, Robbie Kearns.

Theres quite a number of them, Shane Walker used to look like John Ribot with that moustache he used to have. :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah Parra did in 2002, they lauched a "Legends" jersey cause of their Legends team they picked during the year, it was meant to be original jersey they wore in 1947. Looked good, but mustve effected them on the night cause they played bloody ordinary. :(

t-ba

Post Whore
Retro players for Manly will be Chris "Dirk" Hicks and Luke Williamson. Mind you, boths style predates the 1980's...