What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the World Club Challenge

Quidgybo

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Jeez I am sorry but I want my players playing the most important matches- winning the NRL premiership and SOO and tests. That is more than enough!
So why do you support your players playing Origin (and Tests)? Surely those games are just as big a risk to the Broncos premiership campaign as any other non-NRL games. Or to put it another way, why do you draw the line at Origin and not the WCC? It seems a pretty arbitrary divide.

Leigh

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Earlier this year, I made a suggestion of having a Super 8 champions league much like the soccer. Both the EPL & NRL would have 4 clubs involved based on the previous years rankings. Every teams plays atleast 3 games and these would act as trial games in the off-season. It's a great idea!

Keep the ball rolling I say.......

Quidgybo

Bench
lockyno1 said:
I suggest you look at how many matches Lockyer played last year...

30 NRL matches incl GF
3 SOO's

+6 tests as well

And you want to add more to that? Fair dinkum that is enough footy as it is!
So you would have no problem with the WCC if it didn't increase the number of matches your best players had to play? Say if we drop the Anzac Test which risks injuring players mid season in favour of an end of season WCC match?

Leigh.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
So you would have no problem with the WCC if it didn't increase the number of matches your best players had to play? Say if we drop the Anzac Test which risks injuring players mid season in favour of an end of season WCC match?

Leigh.

Nope. Everything after the season is just stupid. I want players resting and preparing for next year. No more meaningless matches post season.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
So why do you support your players playing Origin (and Tests)? Surely those games are just as big a risk to the Broncos premiership campaign as any other non-NRL games. Or to put it another way, why do you draw the line at Origin and not the WCC? It seems a pretty arbitrary divide.

Leigh

Origin is extremely important as is the biggest series that any code in Australia has. Tests are representative matches and need to be kept. The WCC is just a gimmick match that serves absolutely no point. I would much rather just send our premier league side!

Quidgybo

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Origin is extremely important as is the biggest series that any code in Australia has.
But not extremely important to the Broncos. Of all non-Premiership matches, Origin poses the highest possible risk of injury to your best players - and mid season too. Yet you support it?

Leigh.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
But not extremely important to the Broncos. Of all non-Premiership matches, Origin poses the highest possible risk of injury to your best players - and mid season too. Yet you support it?

Leigh.

Origin provides a hell of a lot of revenue for the NRL..of which it has a direct impact on Brisbane as it keeps the game healthy. That is a good thing for Brisbane and the other 15 clubs. I can take a injury in Origin as it is important for the game. The WCC is just crap and for all I care can just stay where it is but I don't want a extra competition either before or after the season as I just don't see the point of putting players at risk when the could be resting.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The game was not halfway through the year though. You guys have already played a few matches before the WCC every year. But I would rather leave it as it is...it is basically the only thing the Poms have any hope in winning!

Latest posts