What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reyno out for 4 months

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope he is back soon. If there is ANY silver lining it is the fact that it happened around Origin where you should have 2 byes and that is 2 weeks where you don't have to play. You should be able to break even at worst in the other games. Sutton isn't the worst 5/8. Reynolds was a bad out but personally you missed Walker more. Not having to have Reddy and Champion in the side is a positive. He'll be back in 4 weeks maybe 5. I have never heard of a broken thumb taking 8 weeks. It is usually around the same time frame as a broken hand and Walker came back in a month.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Unfortunately Souths don't get a bye in the origin period which is ludicrous.

Our 2 byes are when origin isn't on.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Who on earth designed the schedule...I mean seriously don't tell me the Tigers get 2 byes for missing the whole 1 player...even before the season you would have Walker and Inglis as certainties and then you have Reynolds/Johnson as 'maybes'. Every side should get a minimum of 1 bye in Origin. That is a really stupid draw.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Who on earth designed the schedule...I mean seriously don't tell me the Tigers get 2 byes for missing the whole 1 player...even before the season you would have Walker and Inglis as certainties and then you have Reynolds/Johnson as 'maybes'. Every side should get a minimum of 1 bye in Origin. That is a really stupid draw.

McQueen will probably make origin and Grevsmuhl is an outside chance.

alien

Referee

just another reason why state of origin should be on saturdays with no nrl games that weekend. they can have pacific islands games instead between fiji, png, samoa, tonga, cook islands, nz

lockyno1

Post Whore
McQueen will probably make origin and Grevsmuhl is an outside chance.

I'll say this nicely as a QLD supporter....McQueen better be as far away from an Origin jersey as Reddy is. Just no please. Needs to show a lot more form. Think there are better options this year anyway.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll say this nicely as a QLD supporter....McQueen better be as far away from an Origin jersey as Reddy is. Just no please. Needs to show a lot more form. Think there are better options this year anyway.

Fair enough. I will say he has been inconsistent at times this year.

lockyno1

Post Whore

That is one way to put it. Every match I have seen from Souths (and I only saw bits and pieces of Monday) he is always dropping the ball 2-3 times. Think Dylan Napa, Josh McGuire, and Aiden Guerra will be ahead with Myles/Thaiday/Parker being the starting backrow. Just can't see McQueen making it this year. Would need a LOT more form.

hurricane57

Juniors
I'll probably be howled down for saying this but I don't care one little bit about origin. I am really pleased when no Souths players get selected and therefore risk serious injury (like we need more).

Lockyno1, I'm a bit surprised you have selected Miles in you side, I'm not sure, but didn't they rubbish him about his test performance, or something. Didn't see the game so...just a general query.

doyen

Bench

McQueen has done pretty well in Origin.

He has that bit of class & gamebreaker about him.

He can pull off something out of the box when needed; like taking bombs on the full,tap backs etc.He's a v/good attacking player,IMO!

He's very valuable too as he can fill many positions--f/b,wing,centre,lock,2nd row.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll probably be howled down for saying this but I don't care one little bit about origin. I am really pleased when no Souths players get selected and therefore risk serious injury (like we need more).

Lockyno1, I'm a bit surprised you have selected Miles in you side, I'm not sure, but didn't they rubbish him about his test performance, or something. Didn't see the game so...just a general query.

I'm the same the less Souths players that get picked the better.

Yep we don't need anymore injuries.

If McQueen doesn't play origin I will be happy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That is one way to put it. Every match I have seen from Souths (and I only saw bits and pieces of Monday) he is always dropping the ball 2-3 times. Think Dylan Napa, Josh McGuire, and Aiden Guerra will be ahead with Myles/Thaiday/Parker being the starting backrow. Just can't see McQueen making it this year. Would need a LOT more form.

Napa is a loose cannon and gives too many penalties away every game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
McQueen has done pretty well in Origin.

He has that bit of class & gamebreaker about him.

He can pull off something out of the box when needed; like taking bombs on the full,tap backs etc.He's a v/good attacking player,IMO!

He's very valuable too as he can fill many positions--f/b,wing,centre,lock,2nd row.

If he doesn't make origin I will be happy!!!

The last 2 weeks he's really picked up his form.

I do think he will be on the bench in the no.17 Jersey for QLD though.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Hey I never said Myles would be in my side, let me put that there please. However I am a realist and he will be there. He is dead set one of the worst at how to 'coast' along until Origin. Has his 3 great games in Origin, everyone wants to sign him at 700K. He will be there as much as I feel McGuire should be starting prop with Scott.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Napa is a loose cannon and gives too many penalties away every game.

Maybe, but he gives QLD an extra 'big bopper'. Still believe that is where we lost it last year. Cronk's injury aside, we were too small and NSW monstered us in the pack. Napa has issues but a 20-30 minute break for Scott and McGuire is needed, Napa provides that.

If I were Souths I'd be thankful you don't get more than Inglis/Johnson picked. Going by reports Josh Morris will be the centre so you will have Dylan Walker which is awesome news for you guys.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey I never said Myles would be in my side, let me put that there please. However I am a realist and he will be there. He is dead set one of the worst at how to 'coast' along until Origin. Has his 3 great games in Origin, everyone wants to sign him at 700K. He will be there as much as I feel McGuire should be starting prop with Scott.

Mate you're wrong on this one.

In your post you said Myles would be in the starting back row with Thaiday and Parker.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Maybe, but he gives QLD an extra 'big bopper'. Still believe that is where we lost it last year. Cronk's injury aside, we were too small and NSW monstered us in the pack. Napa has issues but a 20-30 minute break for Scott and McGuire is needed, Napa provides that.

If I were Souths I'd be thankful you don't get more than Inglis/Johnson picked. Going by reports Josh Morris will be the centre so you will have Dylan Walker which is awesome news for you guys.

Yeah Dylan Walker will probably have to move to fullback for Souths.

Even though you don't want McQueen playing for QLD I expect him to get the no.17 Jersey.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mate you're wrong on this one.

In your post you said Myles would be in the starting back row with Thaiday and Parker.

Called being realistic. Do I want Myles in the team, nope. I firmly believe as good as he has been, it is time to inject some new blood. However Menniga won't. That unfortunately is reality. The worst thing for QLD was winning game 3 last year. Said it at the time actually.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah Dylan Walker will probably have to move to fullback for Souths.

Even though you don't want McQueen playing for QLD I expect him to get the no.17 Jersey.

Look I would support McQueen if he is picked but I wouldn't be jumping out of my skin that is for sure, and personally I have a few in front on form. It is purely a form thing though and if he plays well this week no issue with him being picked. Souths being my 2nd side (dad goes for them) helps me actually watch them. Think I have been to more Souths games live than Brisbane lol.

You read the article that said Daley has picked his wingers....wait for it....Hopoate and Tupou :lol: just hand QLD the trophy, it is the 3 stooges all over again...the creative genius of Myth Pearce, the uselessness of Tupou and the try hardness of Josh Reynolds.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Look I would support McQueen if he is picked but I wouldn't be jumping out of my skin that is for sure, and personally I have a few in front on form. It is purely a form thing though and if he plays well this week no issue with him being picked. Souths being my 2nd side (dad goes for them) helps me actually watch them. Think I have been to more Souths games live than Brisbane lol.

You read the article that said Daley has picked his wingers....wait for it....Hopoate and Tupou :lol: just hand QLD the trophy, it is the 3 stooges all over again...the creative genius of Myth Pearce, the uselessness of Tupou and the try hardness of Josh Reynolds.

No I didn't read the article.

Tupou is useless, J. Reynolds is a grub, Pearce chokes and Hoppa is in bad form currently due to an ongoing groin injury I think he said. Jennings hogs the ball too much, Tamou gives 2-3 penalties away a game, I could probably continue but I won't.

I go for the Blues but I expect QLD to win origin 2-1.