What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rich Clubs of the Future

Nick Polites is the nicest man. He is also a very generous man. It is he and Trent Robinson who have made the Sydney Roosters the greatest rugby league team in the world today, perhaps the greatest rugby league team of all time. I tip my hat to Nick Polites.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We are going to increasingly see rich clubss dominate the finals imo.
Roosters have just shown you can buy a premiership by signing up the best spine players from other clubs and have instant success. Clearly the cap is a joke and so we will continue to see clubs with the $’s dominate the comp.

Of the last 7 gfs, 8 of the 14 appearances are from 4 of the games richest clubs. If smith retires it will be interesting to see if the storm get the cheque book out to replace the big 3 talent lost.

theo

Juniors
There are opposing sides to junior players.

Maximum side of junior development and Minimum side of buying.
Minimum side of junior development and Maximum side of buying.
Balanced side of junior development and Balanced side of buying.

There are clubs that develop lots of players who will never play in the national competition and only a
few will play state and fewer for the country. They unselfishly train, coach, develop a pool of grassroots
juniors and provide them with organised competitions in an effort to allow the best to rise to the
top. This costs the clubs a significant amount of time and resources.

The concern is the wasted money on developing juniors whereas the top clubs buy the best as
they utilise all their available funds in achieving strong junior teams across the park on a yearly
basis.

Clubs that endeavour to develop their own by putting more effort into development may do that
feat every few years.

Something needs to be put in place in the way or full compensation for development costs to clubs,
because the majority of the work was done by these clubs.

Addressing the foreign worker issue (which is also a concern in politics amongst political parties,
businesses, and voters) allow a maximum of three junior representatives for each club that can be
bought from outside the club and the club can retain those they have developed. The club is
rewarded for development.

The three foreign workers or imports rule can also be applied to senior teams as well where senior
representative players are classed as foreign workers or imports thereby acting as a quantity and
quality import rule replacing the salary cap.

The salary caps and third party agreements as I understand can easily be avoided. Example, player
makes a golf bet which is won against an organised opponent and wins the amount agreed with club connections thereby avoiding the salary cap and third-party agreement.

The league could also take control of player payments where players are paid a base wage at every
club in the competition and then more if they unlock achievements such as a certain amount of matches, state representation, country representation, etc.

Nick Politis is worth $733 million, ten times the net worth of the bombastic Russell Crowe.

Yet Nick remains a down to earth gentleman, as is his choice of coach, the masterful French speaking Trent Robinson.

theo

Juniors
Nick Politis is worth $733 million, ten times the net worth of the bombastic Russell Crowe.

Yet Nick remains a down to earth gentleman, as is his choice of coach, the masterful French speaking Trent Robinson.

Three of them have had their share of deep roughs, slick greens, nervous breakdowns, and have mental preparation to recover and sustain their epic performances.

theo

Juniors
Whats the point of all that money when there is a salary cap ??

What has man profited by gaining at the expense of soul.

There is the percentage of reinvestment back into the sport, league, club and how much and where depends on the profile of the funder.

The salary cap is applied to players (workers) but not to coaches, staff and management (bosses). The salary cap is intended to stop clubs overspending and getting into trouble and also to even the playing field for player talent.

Seems there's one rule for the players and another for coaches, staff, and management. One rule for those on the field and another for those off the field.

There are pros and cons and if you're looking for obstacles you'll find them and then the question is, what next?

Sport is meant to be fun and I've posted at various threads about my ideas and ideas are not a crime.

unforgiven

Bench
What has man profited by gaining at the expense of soul.

There is the percentage of reinvestment back into the sport, league, club and how much and where depends on the profile of the funder.

The salary cap is applied to players (workers) but not to coaches, staff and management (bosses). The salary cap is intended to stop clubs overspending and getting into trouble and also to even the playing field for player talent.

Seems there's one rule for the players and another for coaches, staff, and management. One rule for those on the field and another for those off the field.

There are pros and cons and if you're looking for obstacles you'll find them and then the question is, what next?

Sport is meant to be fun and I've posted at various threads about my ideas and ideas are not a crime.
You do realise that there is a cap on football department spending coming in?

theo

Juniors
You do realise that there is a cap on football department spending coming in?

Clubs have until 2020 to be fully compliant and capital expenses are excluded.

It still means some clubs will afford the maximum side of the cap and some clubs will afford the minimum side of the cap therefore disparity.

I realise in a competition somebody wins and somebody loses.

If you asked every player in the competition which club they prefer to play at and if you ask every coach which club they prefer to coach at and to both not think about financial restrictions and more than one season contracts... what answers then. There you have the soul. Then it's a matter of enabling their dreams.

I look at it from the simple point of view.

Front end and back end contracts, bonus for this bonus for that, discount for this discount for that, rebate for this and rebate for that, fee for this and fee for that... or, that player gets a 9 out of 10 performance rating every week and the best in the league.

I see player performance not financial accounts therefore a players status is the criteria whether a player can play for a club that already has stars in it and is from another club... I say this from the balance the match perspective.

Think about it this way.

During a training match the blue shirt team is flogging the red shirt team. The coach then says to a few of the players from each team to exchange teams putting strong players with weak and weak players with strong. The match restarts and the flogging stops therefore the match is balanced.

Last edited:

First Grade
Clubs have until 2020 to be fully compliant and capital expenses are excluded.

It still means some clubs will afford the maximum side of the cap and some clubs will afford the minimum side of the cap therefore disparity.

I realise in a competition somebody wins and somebody loses.

If you asked every player in the competition which club they prefer to play at and if you ask every coach which club they prefer to coach at and to both not think about financial restrictions and more than one season contracts... what answers then. There you have the soul. Then it's a matter of enabling their dreams.

I look at it from the simple point of view.

Front end and back end contracts, bonus for this bonus for that, discount for this discount for that, rebate for this and rebate for that, fee for this and fee for that... or, that player gets a 9 out of 10 performance rating every week and the best in the league.

I see player performance not financial accounts therefore a players status is the criteria whether a player can play for a club that already has stars in it and is from another club... I say this from the balance the match perspective.

Think about it this way.

During a training match the blue shirt team is flogging the red shirt team. The coach then says to a few of the players from each team to exchange teams putting strong players with weak and weak players with strong. The match restarts and the flogging stops therefore the match is balanced.
At my old school, Hunter Sports High, we couldn't afford 2 different colour shirts. We went skins vs rich kids with shirts.

Nick Polites is the nicest man. He is also a very generous man. It is he and Trent Robinson who have made the Sydney Roosters the greatest rugby league team in the world today, perhaps the greatest rugby league team of all time. I tip my hat to Nick Polites.
Is he Polite, Polites or just Politis?

theo

Juniors
At my old school, Hunter Sports High, we couldn't afford 2 different colour shirts. We went skins vs rich kids with shirts.

I do know some boys wouldn't wear a shirt to impress the girls watching.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The sooner the ARLC takes full control of junior development off the clubs the better. It would also allow for the perfect opportunity to try and reintroduce a player draft.

unforgiven

Bench
The sooner the ARLC takes full control of junior development off the clubs the better. It would also allow for the perfect opportunity to try and reintroduce a player draft.
Because they do such a great job of running other aspects of the game?