What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richardson calls for suburban footy to be axed

Valheru

Coach
If you put Manly v Gold Coast at the SFS or Homebush on a regular day you'd be lucky to break 10k.

This is the exact type of game that would be kept at Brookvale.

Perhaps the best idea is that game of the round at the SFS/ANZ Stadium idea. Ma good majority would be home games for either easts, wests, souths, dogs or Parra so it would mean maybe moving one game each for the others.

gUt

Coach
That's just stupid.
If they can get 40 000 on Anzac Day, why can't they get the same crowd on a sunny Sunday afternoon with the right promotion?
This is what the clubs are aiming for.

Suity

David Morrow commented on this and said it's because so many people make the trip into town for the marches and services, lunch it up in the pubs and then head to the game.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The hybrid model simply must happen for the good of the game. It is the best solution that allows us to maximise the crowds at our marquee fixtures while keeping the traditional homes of clubs intact.

The opportunities to split the revenue, reciprocal memberships to the blockbusters, membership packages tailored to the marquee games. That alone is reason enough to do it and if the CEO's of the sydney clubs cant see that then they shouldn't be in the job

Gut feeling is it will happen

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Food and drink prices aren't THAT expensive. Yeah it would add up for a family going but it's not that much more than going to Maccas.

Besides, I'v never thought "gee, I'd love to go see Parra play but the food just isn't worth it"

In-goal

Bench
Food and drink prices aren't THAT expensive. Yeah it would add up for a family going but it's not that much more than going to Maccas.

Besides, I'v never thought "gee, I'd love to go see Parra play but the food just isn't worth it"

Nail and head with that last line.

I never consider stadium prices, if I can't afford it I simply don't buy it, but not at the expence of attending.

I thought the prices were pretty much on par anyway. That said, I don't tend to buy too much food at Para Stadium because it takes so f@&king long to get served. That's where ANZ $hits all over Parra and one of the reasons why, along with some decent coin for the club, that I'd be for a limited move of some more of the Eels games to ANZ for the blockbuster games.

Loudstrat

Coach
Its a f*cking stupid idea. The only games that work are already scheduled there, bar Wests v Saints - which is at the SFS anyway. Rule out anything to do with Penrith, Manly or Cronulla. The Roosters, Souffs and Dogs are at home at those two venues, Wests are 1/3 at the SFS with 3 games each in important suburban areas. Half of Saints games are regional. That means Parra carry the can. Our home games against Souffs and Canterbury are at ANZ, the Tigers draw big at Parra and so do St George.

So the sum of this whole idea is to move Parra's home game v Easts to Easts home ground instead of ours. F*cking genius. ](*,)

Latest posts