What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richo leaves for souths

Caged Panther

First Grade
THAT'S RIGHT!!! In case you haven't heard the news Shane Richardson has announced he is leaving penrith to join the rabbits and quite frankly other than being in a state of shock I'm bloody furious.

I have just one question about this. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WERE THE PENRITH BOARD DOING, RICHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER LOCK AND KEY WITH THE PANTHERS CLUB FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS.

Sure Richo loves a challange but I've no doubt that had his contract been extended beyond this year before souths had got to him he wouldn't have even contemplated a move. :x :x :x :x :x

PREDATOR

Juniors
:shock:
Just announced on the news tonight,Richo is leaving to take up the Administrator role at South Sydney.
No word on a replacement or when he will be leaving.
Hopefully he has finished signing players for Penrith.

lainey

Juniors
All I can say is that he better not take Fatz, Snowy, Frank The Tank and Mossy with him or I will be very pi$$ed off!

lainey

Juniors
He hasn't as far as I know. We still have to sign Fatz, Pritchard, Amos and Snowy. I know for sure Snowy hasn't re signed yet.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Thanks for leaving us without any notice Richo. Wheres your loyalty aswell?

We have players to sign and you leave us in the deep end.

mightypanther

Juniors
All I can say is that he better not take Fatz, Snowy, Frank The Tank and Mossy with him or I will be very pi$$ed off!

Me too..........if those players follow him to Souths there will be thousands of
Penrith fans harbouring one helluva lot of hatred and disgust for one ex-CEO.

SP

Bench
which one's Mossy, :lol: , sorry but i dont know, i know the others

SP

Bench
thats bad form richo, i believe if he would of liked to leave, he should of announced it first, then join at the end of the current season, not the end of the current week

*Sandy*

First Grade
Okey dokey then! ;-)

I don't know what to think yet. Find it quite puzzling that he would leave half way through the season ... i'm not sure if this is concrete but that's the way it comes off to me.

He had a motto when he first came about becoming the Worlds Best Football Club! Is that the way you do it? Have a CEO up and leave in the middle of a season once you have gotten within a whisker of it?

The least he could have done was to hang around till the end of the season ... it would have been the morally right thing to do for the board that put their faith in him, the coach that also put his faith in him, the team and the fans.

His actions are very puzzling to say the least at the moment.

Criswell

Juniors
As a Souths fan i'm very happy, but were there any rumblings at your place about him being unhappy????

Odd.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Criswell in short no. It's seems no one outside of the souths inner sanctum had any idea this was going to happen until late this afternoon when Richo informed the penrith heirarchy.

It's was later rumoured on channel 10 news during sport and confirmed by penrith publicly short afterwards from what I can gather. Even the media types seemed taken by surprise about the development.

As you can see most penrith fans are both shocked and unhappy about it.

Clevo

Juniors
I'm happy...I can feel for your loss....I'm happy you guys are pissed off about it. It only goes to show how respected he is with the fans. I know that sounds mean but your bitterness is like a good reference on this bloke.

Did many of you get to meet him and speak with him?

Executives work on a financial year to year basis...it's end of season for executives.

Clevo said:
I'm happy...I can feel for your loss....I'm happy you guys are pissed off about it. It only goes to show how respected he is with the fans. I know that sounds mean but your bitterness is like a good reference on this bloke.

Did many of you get to meet him and speak with him?

Executives work on a financial year to year basis...it's end of season for executives.

True clevo, but from what I can recall, Richo was signed up at the end of the 2001 season, meaning it was half way through the financial year.

It's just so frustrating for us Panther fans as you could imagine.

Anyway I'm sure he'll do your club a world of good. Look what he did with ours!! :)

But don't expect any goodwill from us if he takes Frank, Amos, Paul & Snowy with him over to Souths ;-)

*Sandy*

First Grade
The current management have more or less admitted that walking into Penrith and building on what had already been built was a piece a cake. It will definately be a challenge for Richo to build up Souths at this stage. Probably be similar to the Hull experience for him. He is very ruthless and will tick a lot of people off but he will be thorough and get the job done tidy.

I find it hard to imagine any of those players wanting to go to Souths unless the dollars are great. I find it hard to believe that Richo will turn around Souths in a couple of years if that is what the bunny fans or even those players are thinking. I believe it will take at least 4 to 5 years before they become consistant. The Penrith fans thought it would take 4 - 5 years for our club to hit the Top 4 contenders ... but with the structure in place all that was needed was a winning attitude influence throughout the club ... so it seemed.

Depending on Souths Junior structure and the quality of players coming through the ranks and depending on Souths cash flow will depend on how quickly Richo will make an impact on the Souths Club.

In my opinion Richo was an influential person within the club. Belts were tightened and some heads were rolled. Having listened to him at a few post match functions he seems very Power Driven ... just hope for the Souths sakes that the Ego cloud doesn't ruin his record thus far, as we have seen some ego's gone completely out of control of late with current and past coaches. ;-)

Still very puzzling for a lot of us Panther fans as to why in the middle of a season but in saying that I hope that sky always stays clear for all of you South Fans and that some needed success comes your way because of this. And for the Panther players and fans, I hope this news will go smoothly without affecting what Penrith are currently trying to gain ... The World's No.1 Football Club!

Clevo

Juniors
Thanks PK.... we are looking for better things and we all thought we were turning a huge corner that seemed to never end. if Richo can turn all these clubs around that it can only be better for the competition as a whole....so I guess we can all look at the big picture of things.

Penrith fans know what a hard time is all about but none have had it tougher than Souths fans. We stuck to our traditions and history...it's all we had left. We didn;t sell out and stayed loyal to our principles.

But even those things were wearing thin on the ground.... all we need is some restoration of pride wand well go off....as will Penrith will do for years to come.

Cheers