What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
That was about as good as we could have done under the circumstances.

Considering how many tries the Dolphins have been scoring we did well to hold them out.

Our attack is still horrible, worse without Ponga.

Well done to Armstrong.

macavity

Referee
Not to bring up a negative but why the f**k wasn’t Marzhew pulled from the field? He was clearly injured? I get it’s hard to replace a winger but he couldn’t move.

Cost us two tries at the end, and nearly the game. Really dumb leaving him on.

We must have been out of interchanges, there were a heap out there who could barely walk. Jacko playing prop to help them out.

Apey

Staff member
Good to get a win. We wanted it more and played accordingly. Got a bit lucky with some awful defence and bombed tries but we probably earned that luck.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Armstrong is proof positive if you bring kids through the right way, they can make a career statement they are up to it.

Yosh

Coach
Loved Armstrong's energy. Elliot played like a proper forward today and didn't try to play like Yeo. Crossland has been great off the bench. Might be bit of a stretch but I saw a lot of JFH in Leo today. Just me?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I know we're not supposed to say this but thought there was some great coaching today. At the ground it seemed clear they were targeting the middle and only 5 mins into the second half he injected Phoenix, who love him or hate him is full blown energy and effort in the middle. Immediately swung the game for us.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I know we're not supposed to say this but thought there was some great coaching today. At the ground it seemed clear they were targeting the middle and only 5 mins into the second half he injected Phoenix, who love him or hate him is full blown energy and effort in the middle. Immediately swung the game for us.
Adam needs to back himself more with debuting these kids. I think for whatever reason he is too loyal for too long. I also think he protects them from premature debuts. He plays the long game. I get it. He is being responsible. but Davy shows they are just waiting for their shot. That NSW Cup team form is not a reliable indicator. But he needs to start making some big calls around his key positions particularly in the forwards. Time to move Friz up front with Leo and have the Safs off the bench. If they want to start they can do it elsewhere unless the prove they want it bad enough.