What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Bourke dies of cancer

Havoc

Juniors
RIP Bourkie.

And condolences to his family and friends also. We can only hope he is now in a place without the pain of cancer!

Quigs

Immortal
As usual I am late getting the (bad) news.

Very sad day indeed. You think of these blokes as never ageing and then you hear they have passed on or are crook. But those that have witnessed there actions and deeds on the paddock will always have the memories.

Thanks for the memories Burkey.... R.I.P

p-71.jpg

(Scoring "OUR" try in the 73 Grand Final - for the younens info)

Quigs

imasharkie

Coach
Very sad news the passing away of a Cronulla legend.

Will always remember that try. He was only 19 I think but it was the berth of a local legend.

All the best to the family and may you rest in peace Rick Bourke.

Snorkleburger

Juniors
He epitomised the definition of the word clubman and team player. I remember jumping out of my chair when he scored that try in the '73 grand final. Whenever I watched you play it was always with a committed performance and you can be justly proud of your efforts on and off the field. May your family have many happy memories as a husband, father as you have left all Sharkie fans with many happy memeories......Rest in peace Rick.

RIP Rick Bourke,

Years from now, though he will always be remembered, who was the first player in sharks history to score a try in a grand final Rick Bourke, thats something that no one can take away

Dave Q

Coach
From myself, many Souths and Panthers fans, well played Rick Bourke.

You are thought of highly indeed and shall not be forgotten.