What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Ponting is a disgrace

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
shhh... don't mention the salary cap. Its supposed to be water under the bridge.

perhaps you should stop drinking willow, i think its doing you serious harm :crazy: :D :lol: :cool:

stumped

Juniors
Moffo said:
Never before has an Australian team descended into such controversy as the current team in their spat with the Indian squad

From what I have seen, Ponting is doing nothing to discipline his players, refusing to guide them in the principles of fair play that have been the backbone of the sport for 100s of years. Ponting gives as much verbal as anyone else in cricket today and then dares to complain when a generic insult is directed at Symonds. This comes from one of the highest profile sports people in Australia today. If you look at things objectively, it really is very sad.

Why did we never have such problems when Tubby/AB/Tugger were in control? No wonder Gilchrist doesn't like you Punter, take a long walk off a short plank

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo,

You need to take a long hard look at yourself, I do not agree with all that is going on in world cricket at present neither, But blaming Ponting for being a true Aussie is utter crap, I for one think that the pride and tenacity in which he plays shows just how proud an Australian he is.

This all started with the Indian crowds when we last toured, The ICC has more to answer to than any Australian player for not eliminating the festering feud way back when it all started!

It goes to show how weak the ICC is in backing down to the Indians by replacing the umpire! who runs world cricket?

as for your comments, I find them to be very un Australian

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo said:
calling me a liar again?
Well some people can't help but lie. Probably an ego thing. You had the chance admit you got it wrong, but alas, you just couldn't do it.

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
Well some people can't help but lie. Probably an ego thing. You had the chance admit you got it wrong, but alas, you just couldn't do it.

ok

Moffo

Referee
stumped said:
Moffo,

You need to take a long hard look at yourself, I do not agree with all that is going on in world cricket at present neither, But blaming Ponting for being a true Aussie is utter crap, I for one think that the pride and tenacity in which he plays shows just how proud an Australian he is.

This all started with the Indian crowds when we last toured, The ICC has more to answer to than any Australian player for not eliminating the festering feud way back when it all started!

It goes to show how weak the ICC is in backing down to the Indians by replacing the umpire! who runs world cricket?

as for your comments, I find them to be very un Australian

being australian has little to do with it. it is a judgement on the personality. define un australian?

stumped

Juniors
Moffo said:
being australian has little to do with it. it is a judgement on the personality. define un australian?

what's your thoughts on how Singh carried on when he dismissed Ponting, or when the Indians did not walk?

un-Australian are people who play the blame game because they have nothing better to do, Pontings passion he showed was that of pride to lead this gret country onto the cricket fields of the word and walk off head held high with his baggy green cap holding pride of place upon his head for all to see

choc_soldier

Coach
Of all the hysteria I've read and seen this week, Roebuck's is top of the tree.

I didn't agree with all of the behaviour displayed by the Aussies in Sydney (such as Clarke still standing his ground when he clearly snicked it to slip in our second dig) but if you take out one important variable - the incompetence of the umpires in that match - I think it would have been a much "cleaner" contest. I'm not the biggest fan of Ponting as captain, but I think he's grown into the job, and he'll learn from the Sydney test.

I have no dramas with Singh's suspension - he has previous form. The Indians threat to pull out of the tour because of it is as petulant as you can get.

Hanscholo

Bench
I dont have a huge issue with ponting...i do think he needs to rethink some things and mature a little, but he is certainly not a disgrace.

The only time i have ever called his behavour into question was when he was shreiking something at Michael Clarke as he was being interviewed after the sydney test. It did look really wierd to see this guy making an obvious point to someone in relation to criticism of his declaration. That didnt sit well with me.

However, this guy has been under more pressure and scrutiny than any captain i can recall since border took over. The press have non stop been on his back, can you guys remember the absolute hammering he took in england from chappel and co? "Just ask shame warne what to do Ricky and stop thinking." It looks to me like he is a little over being told he isnt a good captain when his team respects him, they win games and he feels that he cant do anymore to prove himself.

Hanscholo

Bench
JJ said:
That's the same point I am trying to make - this Aust team is perhaps the greatest ever, but will be remembered by many for being a boorish bunch of great players who pushed the laws to the limit at every opportunity.

Nobody will remember the 08 Indian, Sri Lankan, NZ, RSA or any other teams - this Aust team will leave a legacy, and it's not a completely rosy one

bullsh*t. The winners write history m8.

punton

Juniors
Hanscholo said:
bullsh*t. The winners write history m8.

Spot on Hans.

And despite the efforts of the greatest moaning bunch of wankers to ever tour here, they will continue to do so.

Latest posts