What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Ponting accuses England of time wasting in Ashes Test

TheParraboy

Staff member
and who can forget mike whitney batting at no11 playing like a text book top order batsman against sir richard all those years ago denying the kiwis a test win

how do you feel, I feel like a tooheys

WireMan

Bench
Same old Pom....happy with mediocrity. Thats a positive in the UK!!!

We are happy we got out of jail with that game. Happy with the overall performance? No chance. We were rubbish for 4 and a half days.

An Aussie team never celebrated getting a draw before?

What's the old saying? A draw is like a loss because you didn't win. Was it Steve Waugh who said that?

I love the irony in a pom calling an Australian a whinger.

WireMan

Bench

erm yeah that was the point.

We are just whinging poms except the world champs at whinging are Australians... Irony indeed.

A draw is like a loss? But what if you were going to lose for 4 and a half days but then somehow didn't? You not think the team may be happy about that? not sure? We'll ask Brett Lee then, cause he looked happy about it a few years back... ;-)

England were supposed to spin their way to victory with the mighty Monty and Swann show........then they got shown up by a guy who isn't even a regular for his state :lol:

mattyg

Bench
this coming from ponting, who is possibly the worst serial offender in cricket with slow over rates. We even seen him bowl rubbish part time spinners when we needed wickets once when we were 10 overs behind the over rate so he didn't cop a suspension. I think he is trying to take the heat off himself a bit.

JJ

Immortal
Is there a more petulant sook going around than Ponting?

And yes, holding on for a draw like that is worth celebrating, it's about the context...

But things look pretty dire for the Poms... not sure whether Ponting deserves a bagging or not - Johnson has been his go-to guy for a while now, so hard to ignore him

skeepe

Immortal
Is there a more petulant sook going around than Ponting?

And yes, holding on for a draw like that is worth celebrating, it's about the context...

But things look pretty dire for the Poms... not sure whether Ponting deserves a bagging or not - Johnson has been his go-to guy for a while now, so hard to ignore him

:lol:

Any other captain in world cricket would have complained just like Ponting did. The Indians quite possibly would have threatened to go home.

But because it's Ponting, the knives are out. f**king pathetic.

Ponting is yet to throw a match like a certain sheep f**ker captain.

I remember Danielle Vettori having a massive whinge before the last series started.

African Monkey

First Grade
Who cares about Danielle Vettori apart from those who think he's an all-time great ? He's not even the best left-arm spinner in the world ffs.

Ponting was just frustrated after the game and rightly so.

JJ

Immortal
:lol:

Any other captain in world cricket would have complained just like Ponting did. The Indians quite possibly would have threatened to go home.

But because it's Ponting, the knives are out. f**king pathetic.

Maybe you should read I I wrote... yes, perhaps some of the Indians are up there with Ponting as petulant sooks... but in reality the main problem for the Indians has been with Australians... funny that most series are played in good spirit, most that don't involve Ponting and his team not getting their way

I have no issue with him complaining to some extent - but the fact that every time he does he ties to take the moral high ground about how he and his team uphold the spirit of the game is incredibly petulant - they certainly are no better than any other team in the spirit they play the game in, and many believe they're among the worst

I also didn't criticise his captaincy on the last day... at least there was a logic evident - use your best bowler and also spinners to bowl lot's of deliveries - ultimately he was wrong, but it was only Panesar or Anderson they needed

JJ

Immortal
Who cares about Danielle Vettori apart from those who think he's an all-time great ? He's not even the best left-arm spinner in the world ffs.

Ponting was just frustrated after the game and rightly so.

I don't see what Vetorri has to do with anything - he's decent, that's all, he probably is the best left-arm spinner in the world, but it's a dire sort of bowling left arm spinning

Ponting was frustrated, but couldn't he just say he was pissed off, rather than try and claim the self-proclaimed role of upholding the spirit of the game?

African Monkey

First Grade
I don't see what Vetorri has to do with anything - he's decent, that's all, he probably is the best left-arm spinner in the world, but it's a dire sort of bowling left arm spinning

Ponting was frustrated, but couldn't he just say he was pissed off, rather than try and claim the self-proclaimed role of upholding the spirit of the game?
No Vettori has nothing to do with this. Shakib Al Hasan is better imo but that is irrelevant in this case.

Ponting wasn't thinking straight at the time and if he had his time again, I think he would take it back.