What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart: It's all too easy for Tim Sheens to play the loyalty

R2Coupe

Juniors
Stuart is the first full-time coach for NSW. What has he achieved in his tenure? A series loss.

But regardless of that, his biggest failing is to refer to Farah as "his boy". To me, it demonstrates an enormous lack of respect to a very good player and reinforces the view Stuart is unable to be impartial with regard to his team selections.

I say Stuart must voluntarily step down now as a consequence of this very unfortunate description of a player.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Stuart is the first full-time coach for NSW. What has he achieved in his tenure? A series loss.

But regardless of that, his biggest failing is to refer to Farah as "his boy". To me, it demonstrates an enormous lack of respect to a very good player and reinforces the view Stuart is unable to be impartial with regard to his team selections.

I say Stuart must voluntarily step down now as a consequence of this very unfortunate description of a player.

What?

andrew057

First Grade
So Tim Sheens was meant to sack Smith and play Farrah? Sheens' point was about picking the best available players, not favourites, seems Ricky has either missed the point or more likely chosen to ignore it and go on a rant.

Bingo.

That sort of attitude is exactly why Queensland have won 6 in row. At the end of the 2005 series, NSW had won 3 in a row. People were calling for Lockyer and others to be dropped. They could have done what NSW have done and used 154 different halves pairings over a few years, but they stayed loyal with the same or very similar squads and it's paid off big time.

Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Johnathan Thurston, Darren Lockyer is exactly why Qlderp have won not some planning for the future bullshit. They've had the most talented players and still do.

It's origin time and as usual Tigers fans acting like bitches because Farah looks like getting snubbed smh

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Sticky has very much set him-self up in the firing line with this article. While it shows him "I'm the coach. I'm in control. I pick who I want and whom is best available". It can also backfire should Derpland win and Sheens can turn around and say "I told you so".

While it's good to see Stuart take control the fact each club coach is saying "Pick this club player her's ready for Origin". Sheens is not the only culprit here. Bennett and Griffin are both as guilty with saying pick Bedsy and Wallace. The best thing we can do is suck-it up.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
As a Queenslander.. I just have to laugh at the stupidity that comes out of Ricky's mouth. He is just clueless when it comes to coaching. He is already creating divisions in his own state without QLD having to do anything.

As a rugby league I'd like NSW to put up a decent fight and create an exciting series... Nah stuff that flog them again! QUEENSLANDER!!!

T.T

Juniors
also, stuart in the first paragraph questions why tim sheens said 'jamie soward has fallen out of favour'

yet then fails respond to the argument and even mention soward in the entire article.

Fire

First Grade
Note to Ricky Stuart: We don't really give a f**k about Origin. We want to see our club win a Premiership.

God-King Dean

Immortal
This just shows how much others get to Ricky - & why the media will be making his selections. Hence, Buderus.

T.T

Juniors
stuart should have retired after last years loss but he is too egotistical in the sense he feels he is the only coach who can lead nsw to victory

meltiger

First Grade
It's origin time and as usual Tigers fans acting like bitches because Farah looks like getting snubbed smh

It's actually the non Tigers fans making fools of themselves with their consistent and moronic attacks.

READ the threads, how many are actually saying he doesn't have the form on the board, as opposed to any arguing for his inclusion? There is no pro Farah spamming at all this year.

Most concede that Buderus has the form.

But yes, watching Farah looked over in favour of that spastic, kick on the 3rd/4th tackle merkin annoys us. & we are right to point out the shit merkin isn't fit to tie Robbie's bootlaces.

Fire

First Grade
The guy is a drama queen, he watches too much Bold and the Beautiful. Crying at games and shit, get a hold of yourself.

some11

Referee
Origin is a different brand of football to the NRL. You can't pick a player for NSW and be guaranteed his performance will replicate in Origin.

ftfy Ricky.

Latest posts