What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Stagger eel

Staff member
Really how Stuart coaches this side will show how good he really is or isnt. Most on here have been critical of Kearney because he never coached or put in game plans which reflected the squads strengths .

Well let's see what game plan Stuart plays - the strength/playing ability of our halves (and full back) are the least of our problems. Let's hope Stuart puts a structure in place that focuses on the great attacking ability of hayne and sandow rather then just try to get them to play some other way.

to be fair on SK for 5 seconds if I may, he had to deal with a pretty horrendous injury toll which included our 1 who practically didn't play half the season.

Gronk

Staff member
Eels coach Ricky Stuart conceded the club was in need of a major overhaul as he declared his intention to rebuild Parramatta from the ground up.
Speaking for the first time since taking the reins on Monday, Stuart said it would take a lot more than just NRL success to lead the club in the direction he hopes to take it.
''It's not just about first grade, it's about the club - that's one thing I'll be driving into the players,'' Stuart said. ''It's not about the individual, it's not about the team, it's about the whole club. We are very much at the start of a huge rebuilding process. We go back to square one, right from the grassroots of it all.
''In regards to attack and defence, it's important that we educate the club culture in football the way myself, Dean [Pay, assistant] and Matty [Parish, assistant] want to have the boys playing.''
His bid to unite a fractured club began yesterday afternoon, when he held a training session for every player at the Eels.
It follows his decision to bring the first grade players back to training two months before the start of the official pre-season.
''For me it's a matter of coming back after the break and the players knowing me, and me knowing the players,'' Stuart said.

Gronk

Staff member
I think this is the first confirmation of Matt Parish ?

#welcomeaboard

Haynzy

First Grade
Do they just cut and paste these articles every time we have a coach change?

I swear I read the same artiicle a couple of years ago.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Worst coach in recent history and he gets defended? I don't get it.......

he may well be the worst coach but no squad in their right mind would carry blokes like Walker, Hicks, Whatuera, Rogers and a few others we had them there to basically fill the numbers...it was simply the worst squad in the comp no matter what people think of the coach.