What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This is the side Stuart took to the second finals game in 2008, not to sure how close it is the sharks top 17 for the year;

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks:
1. Brett Kearney
2. Misi Taulapapa
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. David Simmons
5. Luke Covell
6. Brett Seymour
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Ross
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Adam Peek
11. Luke Douglas
12. Fraser Anderson
13. Paul Gallen
Subs:
14. Danny Nutley
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Kade Snowden
17. Blake Green

This side looks pretty average (snowden/Douglas were only 21/22 year old rookie ) in regards to player talent. The back line looks pretty average (no one with the class of hayne l/sandow or has the speed we do) and while the forwards had pretty of hard working forwards there was not a lot of class and attacking ability. Just wanted to post the side to show what type side rs took to equal first in 2008 compared to the squad he has inherited at the eels (which I believe is better then the sharks). It may give us some hope for 2013

IFR33K

Coach
This is the side Stuart took to the second finals game in 2008, not to sure how close it is the sharks top 17 for the year;

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks:
1. Brett Kearney
2. Misi Taulapapa
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. David Simmons
5. Luke Covell
6. Brett Seymour
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Ross
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Adam Peek
11. Luke Douglas
12. Fraser Anderson
13. Paul Gallen
Subs:
14. Danny Nutley
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Kade Snowden
17. Blake Green

This side looks pretty average (snowden/Douglas were only 21/22 year old rookie ) in regards to player talent. The back line looks pretty average (no one with the class of hayne l/sandow or has the speed we do) and while the forwards had pretty of hard working forwards there was not a lot of class and attacking ability. Just wanted to post the side to show what type side rs took to equal first in 2008 compared to the squad he has inherited at the eels (which I believe is better then the sharks). It may give us some hope for 2013

RS must be a miracle worker, because that is 1 average side.

Eels Dude

Coach
BTW, how long before the "hardest preseason ever" lines get thrown around??

I like the fact he's got them training in the finals so that when they do get their break they can come back knowing they have to work hard and what to expect.

Gronk

Staff member
Most teams that don't make the semis train through to the grand final.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Usually when January comes around I'm starting to think we are in with a shot of winning the comp, and thinking how good it'll be. This January I'll be thinking how great it will be if we can just miss out on the 8. What a great season that would be.

Latest posts