What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

lingard

Coach
He was shitty after that game and he doesn't need to say anything else more than no and he also went on to say he has a job to do here. That's all he needs to say for me.

He will be here. Canberra have also come out and rubbished the story too.

Its all media beat up. If he leaves it'll depend on how we go next year and it'll be the board that let's him go. I think he will be at eels for the duration of his contract

That all makes a lot of sense.

lingard

Coach
Bellamy is nothing like Brian Smith he is a great man manager as well. I've heard numerous times Cam Smith, Slater and Cronk etc talk about he is like a father figure to them something I've never heard or seen from any player Smith has coached. If you wanna compare Smith to another coach try the Wok who both eat live and sleep football and expect their players do the same with little compassion for those who don't.

I can almost guarantee you if Smith coached at the club another captain/fullback would be needed as the current one would leave. Then could you imagine the uproar on this joint.

I reckon you're right there. Not because Hayne is a 'Gen-Y' ( he's proved his loyalty to this club), but because Smith is a little Hitler.

Eels Dude

Coach
You think Jamie Lyon was a 'Gen-Y'?
And he seems to have gone pretty well with every other coach he's had since Smith.
Braith Anasta was a 'Gen-Y'?
I don't think 'Gen-Y' has got much to do with anything really. I also think that 'Gen-Y's have got a bad name they don't deserve. There are lots of really good 'Gen-Y' kids out there.

Older generations complaining about the younger generations has been happening since the Stone Age. Let's see what Gen Y is saying about Gen Z in 20 years time.

Eels Dude

Coach
The raiders just have a nab of picking up all the good juniors under the noses of the broncos.

That just shows by there constant success in the under 20s.

Even at the moment they have a couple in the under 20s that could be stars in the NRL like milford.

Like Lee who could be anything and Ahern.

I think the word you are looking for is knack

Excited when your under 20s are cropping up the table every season :roll::roll:

The good talent that comes through like Toutai and Ranrandra are no world beaters either.

I think the word you are looking for is propping.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Excited when your under 20s are cropping up the table every season :roll::roll:

No, excited that our 'academy' graduates are better than half our NRL team at half the cost. We have had as many under 20s in first grade as any other club this year.

The good talent that comes through like Toutai and Ranrandra are no world beaters either.

How about Paulo and Tanginoa? Get a few solid first graders around these guys next year and they'll end up very good.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Chayse Blair has really kicked on since playing in the Under 20s Origin team last year hasnt he

He has gone downhill, true. But next year under Toovey he will probably hit his straps. He is only 21, after all.

Interesting that we only had one player named in last year's under 20s Origin match. This year we had four.

How many do you reckon we'll have next year?

#'academy'

Avenger

Immortal
According to Matty Johns, there is an offer been made to Stuart. It's not quite $1 million but close. Bryan Fletcher on the same show stated that he can't see Stuart leaving and abondoning the Eels. There was a further update on MMM, anyone hear it?

Gronk

Staff member
According to Matty Johns, there is an offer been made to Stuart. It's not quite $1 million but close. Bryan Fletcher on the same show stated that he can't see Stuart leaving and abondoning the Eels. There was a further update on MMM, anyone hear it?

I find these days that MMM are less reliable than Danny Weedler. They are prepared to promote any rumour as fact, just to get ratings or hits on their website.

Daneel

Bench
He has gone downhill, true. But next year under Toovey he will probably hit his straps. He is only 21, after all.

Interesting that we only had one player named in last year's under 20s Origin match. This year we had four.

How many do you reckon we'll have next year?

#'academy'
If it increases by 300% again we will have 16 players. You'd have to think we would be looking good for the future if that happened.

if it came from the mouth of that parasite Matthew Johns then it would be 99.9% BS.
He makes stuff up all the time just to suck people in and he never comes back and says he's wrong when it is proven incorrect.
he is a scum bag.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because we call it the 'academy' because it's so shit. But when it's good we'll be able to start calling it just the academy! :lol:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Ricky Stuart Offer On The Table

If Ricky walks out on Parramatta, he'll be replaced by Jason Taylor

ricky-stuart-628.jpg

Speculation about the coaching future of Ricky Stuart is gaining momentum with Triple M's Matty Johns revealing Canberra has tabled a big offer for him to leave Parramatta.
Matty told Triple M's Grill Team while the seven year, one million per season deal is slightly off the mark, Stuart is the Raiders number one pick.
"The reason the Raiders are denying [the offer] is because if Ricky decides to stay at Parramatta they don't want to appear as though they're out there hunting second best," said Matty.
"But believe me, if Ricky Stuart comes forward tomorrow and says 'yes, I'm taking the offer' it will be announced."
Interestingly, Parramatta boss Steve Sharp said he wouldn't stand in his way if he did want to leave the Eels. So basically it's up to Stuart.
"If he walks out of Parramatta… he'll be replaced by Jason Taylor. He's very well thought of at Parramatta. He did a great job there once before when Brian Smith was sacked mid-season in 2006. I think it's a good move," he said.
"I think Jason Taylor is the best guy not coaching an NRL side at the moment."
Jason Taylor is currently working with Trent Robinson at the Sydney Roosters as assistant coach.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...he-eels-despite-canberra-raiders-speculation/

Latest posts