What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart Should not have been given the NSW Job

TRANSLATION said:
The Roosters are sitting on 8 points after 9 Rounds. Luckily beat the rabbits after souths lost 3 blokes for the second half, got beaten by a Dragons team that played well below their best.

Beat the panthers through intercepts. Just got ontop of the Newcastle reserve grade side today took 40 mins ??.. Inept.

Stuarts use of the bench is the worst in the NRL, he continually changes halfbacks during a game. plays 4 blokes at 5/8 per game ??.

How can any of this possibly have any bearing on whether Ricky Stuart deserves to be NSW coach or not? The position of NSW coach was announced LAST YEAR. What are they going to say, "No, Ricky, your team is only 4 and 5 this year, you've lost the job"?

Here's a man who gets his team to three consecutive grand finals, winning one of them, wins a world club challenge and a minor premiership, but still has his coaching credentials questioned by some clown on the internet.

Gimme a break.

Go buy yourself a clue, idiot.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Cockadoodledoo said:
Translation = NFI.. Murray and Elliott proven coaches... lol.. What have they ever won? Between them they have about 12-13 years + of First Grade coaching for one grand final and no wins. How did Graham Murray coach today? You have once again proven you have no idea..

LOL. Today, You twit, last week they beat your MOB BY 20. What a halfwit you are.

Too Funny.

Graham Murray took Illawarra to the semis, Took the Cowboys should have been to the GF in 04, is just about leading the comp this season, Took the rorters to the GF in his first year, after Goulds 6 attempts.

Coached city to 3 wins out of the last 4, even though Country was heavily favoured for each.

8)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Greenblooded said:
It says "wining" 2, I'm assuming thats a typo and should read "whining"

LOL, if it's "whining" then I am concerend that St george's record of Eleven In A Row is in danger!!

kickback

Juniors
I think you are missing the point down there, I think this job was given to stuart because he is the Rosters coach and a mate of Phil Gould's.

Being a coach at this level is not about teaching the players skills because they should have them bye now, its about being a mentor and getting the players in right frame of mind for the game.

I dont think Stuart deserve's the job, he is a loose cannon. These players need an older bloke with a better head on his shoulders, like Murry or Elliot, but it wont really matter in the end because QLD have the team to go 3-0 this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
4 grandfinals:

2001: Bulldogs Flegg (might of been PL accually) - WON
2002: Roosters NRL - WON
2003: Roosters NRL - LOST
2004: Roosters NRL - LOST

he's going alright IMO :clap:

Kid

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
4 grandfinals:

2001: Bulldogs Flegg (might of been PL accually) - WON
2002: Roosters NRL - WON
2003: Roosters NRL - LOST
2004: Roosters NRL - LOST

he's going alright IMO :clap:
Abslolutely. nothing wrong with that record. I also wonder why he shouldn't at least be given a chance this year? If he loses, give him the boot, but to sack someone before something has begun is......is..... well it's South Sydney like.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Renowned League Expert said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Mate, Graham Murray IS a proven coach.

Couldn't coach a pig to be dirty.

Got your mob to a Grand Final...
No, Brad Fittler did. We conceded 40 points every second week in 2000...hardly the sign of good coaching. Only Freddy's brilliance that year got us into the GF. Look how we went in 2001...

Still, Murray was on the whole good for us as he brought Morley amongst others to the club. I did and still do wish him good luck at the Cowboys.

gregstar

Referee
i don't think existing club coaches should hold rep jobs - there are still qualified coaches that can be called upon such as gould, ryan, fulton, waite & anderson. these people are still heavily involved in the game in one form or another, so they are still cognisant of tactics etc.
furthermore any question of bias towards a particular team may lessen a little

LRC

Judging Stuart depends on what you think the reasons for the roosters success is.
I personally dont think that they have such a great squad as some might...I dont think they had great front rowers and others over the years.
The Dragons have so much more talent than the roosters and so many of their players are amongst the best in their position fornatural ability.
Yet I think some of the roosters players play above their natural ability..
Who would have thoguht the roosters would win a premiership with Peter Cusack and Jason Cayles in the front row.?
The roosters strengths have come from their game pna and the physical levels needed to achieve this plan...a good 80 minute kick and chase sets the patform and constant moving defensive line adds to this.
Sure..Fittler was a great player and he did make the others look better than they are but the game plan was the biggest part needed to give Fittler the oppurtunity to run the show in the right attacking zones.
The biggest thing Stuart brings to the roosters ..a club that looked likely but never did..is ATTITUDE and commitment...this is where the roosters set a new standard and got some players playing above their aility
Mini turned from a promising winger to a rep fullback.
Fitzy plays out of his skin and has never had the natural ability of Tallis or Kenedy.
Ricketson took his defenc to a new level and has put his body on the line for 3 seasons now.
Heggarty was never that good but played well to the roosters game plan.
Finch....everyone keeps telling us that he is the games 5th or 6th best half backs...how mnay teams made GF with the 6tht best half back..not many.
Cussack...an integral part of the roosters ..not one bit as good as Ryles,BaileyWebke etc...but played with heart and worked to the roosters game plan.
The list goes on..
Before Stuart started noone would have been able to pick that so many roosters would be playing rep footy based on their natural ability...but alot have ..Crocker,Flannery,Hegarty etc..
Wing was always goign to be a champ but Stuart defined him.
Sure...the roosters have struggled so far ...but what do you expect...they have only had their half back for a few games and they one a couple and although losing a couple (Tigers and Dragons) they equalled them in tries.
This is a hard year and the team has been up for 3...most teams dtruggle to stay up week to week.

melon....

Coach
Its state of Origin you goose!! A team of superstars...even I could coach them!

Stuart will be fine.

gregstar

Referee
melon.... said:
Its state of Origin you goose!! A team of superstars...even I could coach them!

Stuart will be fine.
would you pull the same masterstroke as '03 & write a critique of the oposition? ;-)

Latest posts