What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart v top-eight sides

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I know there is an existing thread for Sticky and his failings as a man, a man manager and a coach, but I thought this deserved its own thread.

We all know of Sticky’s abysmal record of not having won back-to-back matches for some absurd length of time before the Raiders mopped up a few non-contenders last year.

Which, coupled with wins over the non top-eight Sharks and Sea Eagles this year, made me think – how often does this myth actually beat top eight sides?

Answer? Just over once a season on average, since the start of 2009.

In 2014, he beat the Storm (with an outrageous Sisa Waga no-try) and an Origin-ravaged Cowboys side.

In 2013, he beat Cronulla and Brisbane (who ended up missing the finals).

In 2010, he beat the Roosters, and the Roosters only. Flanagan came in, and in the course of two months had already beaten more top-eight sides.

In 2009, he beat Brisbane.

Impressively, every single of those sides either dropped out of the eight as a result of their loss, or did so the following week. So Ricky Stuart-coached sides beat the odd fringe eight side, but never a decent contender.

Bravo, Sticky.

nick87

Coach
"weren't in the eight at the time"

:lol:
Who gives a f**k, they won the f**king comp :lol:
Goodness me

slippy

Juniors
So everyones defending Ricky now because of one win over Souths? The rest of the thread's facts still stand. He buys himself time with cheap wins over injury/origin depleted sides and continues to escape the scrutiny he deserves.

He must be sour they won in a round everyone is going to be talking about bottling referees because it would've proved a nice distraction down the line.

Go away Ricky

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
"weren't in the eight at the time"

:lol:
Who gives a f**k, they won the f**king comp :lol:
Goodness me

The stat stands.

The thing is this: lazy media types like to read forums (it worked with the back-to-back wins thing and the amount of halfbacks he's used). I like to read about the myth that is Ricky. Media reads thread, media prints story. Ricky loses his big head about beating a lame duck Manly side.

nick87

Coach
No ones defending him
Stuart has a decade long history of things to laugh at him over, there is absolutely no reason to go to these depths of ridiculousness in order to do so :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So everyones defending Ricky now because of one win over Souths? The rest of the thread's facts still stand. He buys himself time with cheap wins over injury/origin depleted sides and continues to escape the scrutiny he deserves. y

The Souths win was in Round 4 at their home ground and they had the full compliment.

If anything it was during the origin period where we really got torn apart.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Fun cops are here

:lol: Fun cops? Please, he's got an entire thread dedicated to him which gets bumped on a weekly basis (well, weekly when he loses, no one seems THAT keen when he's had a win) and not a single raiders fans gives a shit :lol:

Im just saying this thread is like busting Ivan Milats balls for Library books he never returned. :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
One example! Stop the fight! Keep them coming?

Only took one to prove your wrong. But if you need another one the Storm win was against their full strength team in round 7.

What's funny is that everyone thinks he's so sh*t and he's the one that rejected Parramatta :lol:

slippy

Juniors
Only took one to prove your wrong. But if you need another one the Storm win was against their full strength team in round 7.

What's funny is that everyone thinks he's so sh*t and he's the one that rejected Parramatta :lol:

Do you really think he was going to keep his job after 2013? Was on borrowed time like he is now