What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Riddels drinking buddies

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
Sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it. I keep hearing about riddels column in the paper somewhere about his 13 drinking buddies. Has anyone got the list ?

silverfox

Juniors
how irresponsible of both riddel and the paper to publish somehting like this. He has current players in there. The guys and idiot and so is the paper. It wasnt even that well written!

I thought the same thing silverfox. Minichello, Gasnier, etc would not be happy about it at all. Its all well and good with the older/retired guys, but not current players - and not when you yourself are a current player! I'm sure a few coaches and CEO's read that with lots of concern.

dragondad

First Grade
It was the most ridiculous article and how it was passed by the editors is beyond me. There has been so much talk about the drinking culture of some players and clubs. I doubt that David Gallop would have been particularly impressed.

nrlnrl

First Grade
how irresponsible of both riddel and the paper to publish somehting like this. He has current players in there. The guys and idiot and so is the paper. It wasnt even that well written!

Yeah, might be something you'd talk about over a few beers, but never should've been published in a newspaper. The supposedly reputable & classy Sun-Herald showed its true colours with that stupidity. ( mind you, the Telegraph was probably filthy they didn't have it )

Stagger Lee

Bench
Thought the article was a lot of fun, no real harm done either.

What? you are shocked that Riddel is a clown who drinks a lot? pllleeesssssee!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Thought the article was a lot of fun, no real harm done either.

What? you are shocked that Riddel is a clown who drinks a lot? pllleeesssssee!

It might be a fun topic in a forum or a pub, but not in a paper & bad timing after Watmough & Seu Seu were dropped.

to_ddeath

Coach
What a waste of 2 minutes that was. Geez. No wonder he's stuck with loser like Carney & Friendless over at Cocki Junction....

T.

ghostface

Juniors
I didn't mind the article. It's just a bit of fun, the timing of the article might be a little poor. But we do need some personality in the game we can't all be suit wearing do gooders.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I loved the article!

Not one of those players is of the 'Todd Carney' 'Greg Bird' level of irresponsible drunkedness.

If a footballer can go out, have a skinful, and go home without causing himself to be a public nusance, without doing anything illegal, and without disrupting his training/playing ability/performance - I say good luck to him!

Piggy would've made it big if he was playing throughout the 80's! He's the last of a dying breed.

The Nick

Bench
I loved the article!

Not one of those players is of the 'Todd Carney' 'Greg Bird' level of irresponsible drunkedness.

If a footballer can go out, have a skinful, and go home without causing himself to be a public nusance, without doing anything illegal, and without disrupting his training/playing ability/performance - I say good luck to him!

Piggy would've made it big if he was playing throughout the 80's! He's the last of a dying breed.

Well said, mate.

I can't believe how serious you lot are! Last time I checked Australia wasn't an Islamic state, so who cares if these guys enjoy a beer? Lighten up!

If the suits in the game have a problem with the article then they probably need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Latest posts