What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

Canard

Immortal
We are c**k a hoop. Not sure where we are seeking validation though. An article appeared which is relevant to this thread. Referees conceding they also got key decisions wrong that went against the roosters. Nothing wrong with protecting your legacy.

Can you provide an official press release from the NRL, that confirms this?

Cockosh

Juniors
Can you provide an official press release from the NRL, that confirms this?
Why would I need that? Feel free to find one yourself. I’m sure they would’ve set the record straight by now if weidler made it up. Stop clutching at straws. The roosters won historic back to back titles despite losing a player to injury in The first half, having a player in the bin for 10 minutes, having multiple refereeing decisions go against them. One of the great grand final victories against such adversity. What a club!!!

Valheru

Coach
lol we had Roosters fans begging for this thread to be closed and telling everyone to get over it yet they've kick-started it once again.

That winners salt must be delicious.

Did we?

I don't recall any roosters fans asking for it to be closed.

Canard

Immortal
Why would I need that? Feel free to find one yourself. I’m sure they would’ve set the record straight by now if weidler made it up. Stop clutching at straws. The roosters won historic back to back titles despite losing a player to injury in The first half, having a player in the bin for 10 minutes, having multiple refereeing decisions go against them. One of the great grand final victories against such adversity. What a club!!!

Run me through the great gamut of the NRL responding to Danny Weidler gossip columns, over the years.

skeepe

Immortal
The 6 again wasn't correct though- every still I've seen of it shows it coming off Roosters shoulder- hence why it bounced so far & fast. Rooters fans have tried to mythologise it into being "wrong but corrected" after the fact and the refs jumped on as a way to cover their arse. But it's simply not clear. Suits the agenda though.

There's also the "Raiders had all the ball but couldn't score" crap. Raiders are the only team that scored a fair dinkum try in the game, without a lottery ball leg up ala Rooters suddenly getting another 6 in good position after the trainer incident & another following the "6 again, nah just kidding, handover now" incident.

You had the lucky breaks & won the GF- just accept it as much.

Time to let it go. If Robbo wants to piss and moan like a little baby, let him.

He’s been acting like a little bitch all year, so it’s not surprising he would do something this f**king petty.

Cockosh

Juniors
Run me through the great gamut of the NRL responding to Danny Weidler gossip columns, over the years.
Good for you trying to cling onto your last hope that the roosters historic feat was somehow tainted despite the mounting proof that it was anything but. Bravo Cantard!!

Canard

Immortal
Good for you trying to cling onto your last hope that the roosters historic feat was somehow tainted despite the mounting proof that it was anything but. Bravo Cantard!!

The game would be a better place if people didn't just fall for this sort of unsourced gossip.

But whatever makes you feel better, Cockgobbler.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Did we?

I don't recall any roosters fans asking for it to be closed.

Yes I have been away( actually still away) and I was hoping this thread had run it cause by now but it just seems to be going around and around in circles , wish the mods would close it, it’s reached it use by date.

Then there's the numerous posts telling Raiders fans to "move on" lol

Congrats on your premiership.

Cockosh

Juniors
The game would be a better place if people didn't just fall for this sort of unsourced gossip.

But whatever makes you feel better, Cockgobbler.
Oh it’s sourced. It quite clearly says that Sutton apologised. Again I will wait for sutton to demand a retraction if he was misrepresented. Especially seeing it is now on other news outlets like Fox Sports. And yes it makes me feel a shit load better knowing that people like you are so bitter about our win.

Canard

Immortal
Oh it’s sourced. It quite clearly says that Sutton apologised. Again I will wait for sutton to demand a retraction if he was misrepresented. Especially seeing it is now on other news outlets like Fox Sports. And yes it makes me feel a shit load better knowing that people like you are so bitter about our win.

There is no official statement on record, fact.

But if Matty Johns and the Proffesor are reporting it, then it must be legit.......

Canard

Immortal

Once again, run me through all the retractions the NRL have demanded from gossip columns over the years.

BadnMean

Juniors
If you have to spend hours defending the legitimacy of a premiership...

Then you're either a Storm fan or there is just something fishy about your premiership & you have a massive chip on your shoulder about it that wouldn't really be there if there was no reason for it to be dubious.

If you have to spend hours defending the legitimacy of a premiership...

Then you're either a Storm fan or there is just something fishy about your premiership & you have a massive chip on your shoulder about it that wouldn't really be there if there was no reason for it to be dubious.

Try it the other way. If you have to spend hours diminishing the legitimacy of our premiership, then you’re argument is just sour grapes, yada, yada.