What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rip Taylor and the Flegg side

roopy

Referee
The profiles for players are finally up on the official Knights site - and it is interesting to see that Rip Taylor has changed the Flegg squad heaps from last year - despite the age limit going up one year so almost all the same players are available (if you don't count Young, Tilse, Worth, White, Brown etc who are all pretty much permanent in Premier League now).
The new guys in Flegg come from all over - mostly central coast, hunter and mid north coast, but the new halfback is from Western Australia and he has represented at a senior level for WA already (3 tries and 6 goals this week make him a good buy i think).

I think we will see big dividends from having a guy like Taylor in charge of Flegg. In the past we have seen only a few guys come into the Knights at Flegg level, mostly because guys who have played Ball and Mathews are a street ahead in development than guys like Kurt Gidley who have played in the Newcastle junior comps - but Taylor will be able to pick up all the late developers from the local comps I think. We should end up with a heap more like the Gidley brothers, Mark Hughes etc who didn't start to shine till they reached their late teens.