What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Western Force- Pirates?

ReddFelon

Juniors
Both your responses kinda have similar themes, and both fail to address all the issues I've raised here previously, but briefly:

1. The European and Saffa networks will pay more for a competition than that has kiwis involved and games in their time zone than they will for the trash Forrest has put forward that has neither. Frankly his competition has about the same level of appeal to them as the AFL does.

2. Forrest doesn't need "a few teams to jump ship" - he needs an entire conference, and that conference realistically has to be South Africa from a TV perspective. That's not going to happen. Why? Because of what I posted previously:

I know you blokes just f#cken hate the NRL and want to believe that this bullshit WA union circle-jerk exercise of pissing into a gale force wind is some sort of example of Union genius and League inertia, but it's not. It has the worst fundamentals of any competition I've heard of since Donald Trump tried to launch a league to rival the NFL.

You got your reference mixed up mate that was Vince McMahon not Donald Trump and ironically while the XFL did fail just about every concept they introduced (player mics, coverage, score reviews etc. Were all adopted by the NFL).

That said this is pretty funny;

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ru...ides-set-to-join-the-pro14-1.3485954?mode=amp

As I said before, SuperSport hasn't got shit for cash these days, thanks in part to the knob president in SA suggesting they could just print more money, to the point where the Rand is so poor that I can actually buy a pair of Nike's in Durban and have the shipped to Australia for less than buying the same shoe at Rebel Sport down the road. Fact is South African and British and Irish television doesn't give a f#ck about New Zealand, they care about euros, pounds and rand, those advertiser's aren't going to fork out big cash for games at 2am that no one wants to watch.

Latest posts