What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#RiseForAlex R19 // Sat // Roosters 32-12 Panthers // Allianz

Round 19: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
Meh. Roosters played pretty well. We looked tired and lost. Refs were woeful, but hardly cost us the game.

Xplozive

Juniors
lol panthers get 5 penalties in a row and their fans are whinging about the refa being woeful...what are you guys smoking? Forward pass penalty was just, forearm straight to the chin of maloney is definitely worthy of a penalty and report

Soward was atrocious out there.

Failed to step up and control the play due to Wallace and Peachey being missing.

Wouldn't be writing the Panthers off yet, but conceding 66 points in two matches is obviously very concerning.

mxlegend99

Referee
Are Penrith the first team playing a side coming off a bye and with a short turnaround?

The way some of their supporters have whinged about it is incredible.
we play last year premiers with a 4.5 day turnaround while they had a 14 day break. There was only one likely outcome here. Throw in I juries to 3 of our first choice halves and both wingers. What chance does any team have in those circumstances?

We deserved to lose. But that doesn't reflect on what we are capable of as a team.

Blackkat

Juniors
You have to love how the first penalty of the game ended in a sinbin after trying to slow down a 40/20 yet the refs call time off when Penrith have the same opportunity to allow the Roosters to get onside...hmmmm

GongPanther

Referee
The team is busted up.

The team will get the players who are sorely missed,and there is a few of them,back soon.

When this happens,all normal programming will resume.

thommo4pm

Coach
we play last year premiers with a 4.5 day turnaround while they had a 14 day break. There was only one likely outcome here. Throw in I juries to 3 of our first choice halves and both wingers. What chance does any team have in those circumstances?

We deserved to lose. But that doesn't reflect on what we are capable of as a team.

Mate, all teams have injuries. All teams have played sides coming off a bye. A lot of sides have played Monday/Saturday against quality teams.

Compared to a lot of teams Penrith have had a good run with injuries to date.

Rosetta

Juniors
You have to love how the first penalty of the game ended in a sinbin after trying to slow down a 40/20 yet the refs call time off when Penrith have the same opportunity to allow the Roosters to get onside...hmmmm

The sin bin was very very harsh, as for the 40/20 in the second half, a replacement ball was thrown in by a ball boy to Idris so the referees called time out, supposedly the attacking team must collect the ball themselves from the sideline.

The rule is horrible, it needs to go back to being a scrum.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Mate, all teams have injuries. All teams have played sides coming off a bye. A lot of sides have played Monday/Saturday against quality teams.

Compared to a lot of teams Penrith have had a good run with injuries to date.
And no Origin players, so stop with the excuses.

Danish

Referee

So what you are saying is.... Penrith have a tough draw? :sarcasm:

Danish

Referee
On the game, I thought we were then clear dominant side out there. Not sure what Penrith fans are complaining about with the refereeing, we had a fair try taken off us (Pearce clearly stripped the ball backwards) and you got 5 penalties in a row to get you your first try.

The sin bin seemed harsh though. I thought offside was never considered a professional foul? Sure if Taylor had interfered with us trying to take the quick tap them bin him, but to sim bin a player simply making a tackle from an offside position seems tough.

Still, they've been pretty consistent with that this year. Seen a few players binned in similar circumstances. I just don't agree with the interpretation.

TheFrog

Coach
On the game, I thought we were then clear dominant side out there. Not sure what Penrith fans are complaining about with the refereeing, we had a fair try taken off us (Pearce clearly stripped the ball backwards) binned in similar circumstances. .

This decision was correct. He pulled it out towards the opponent's line. The sin-binning was outrageous considering the Roosters do the same every week and all this and last year. They are renowned for giving away penalties to avoid being scored against. At the point in the game it happened, well it was pretty clear even then who was going to win.

I knew we couldn't win this game. We were flat after the short turnaround. The Roosters had every advantage you could possibly have in a game of football. I expected to lose by 20 (see post #15 in this thread) and that's exactly what happened. This game means precisely nothing in the scheme of things this year.

I look forward to playing the Roosters again in the finals, this time with a level playing field.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Pulled it towards the opposing try line? That must be why he had to take 2 steps back to collect the ball and why it landed in front of Moylan who it was stripped from...

TheFrog

Coach
Pulled it towards the opposing try line? That must be why he had to take 2 steps back to collect the ball and why it landed in front of Moylan who it was stripped from...

Mate, you won by 20. Why are you whingeing?

TheFrog

Coach

And almost all of them have lost. The Broncos got up tonight, just goes to show the difference between the Warriors playing in NZ and the Warriors playing in Australia.

MrAnonymous

Bench
We were always going to lose this one and we deserved to lose today but the refs made sure of it in the first half.

f**king useless maggots.

Latest posts