What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rising nations team of the year

dimitri

First Grade
RISING NATIONS WORLD XIII

1 Hazem El Masri (Lebanon)
2 Danny Bull (USA)
3 Kris Tassell (Wales)
4 Freddie Banquet (France)
5 Gefo Taofifenua (New Caledonia)
6 Karl Fitzpatrick (Ireland)
7 Julien Rinaldi (France)
8 Foued Boudali (Morocco)
9 Ian Watson (Wales)
10 Michael Tsougranis (Greece)
11 Charlie Farrah (Lebanon)
12 Nick Nikitaris (Greece)
13 Simon Knox (Scotland)

Also to note that two players from Greece made the team, a New Caledonian and a one from Morocco. Great credit must be given to the coaching staff and managers of the team, It is proof that all the hard work is starting to pay off for the smaller playing countries and they are making a name for them self.

Hazelm El Masri was also awarded the Golden Ball, an award presented to the Rising Nations Player of the Year. El Masri was brilliant in the Mediterranean Cup, scoring 4 tries and kicking an impressive 15 consecutive goals. El Masri also had a Superb year with the Bulldogs in the NRL, Not only was his kicking at the highest level, his defence and attack was simply brilliant.

More can be read in the latest RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE, the December edition is on sale from Friday 28th November.

bender

Juniors
Brian Carney (Ireland) is a glaring omission.

Robert Illyasov (Russia) Is that correct spelling? probably deserved recognition also.

ali

Bench
bender said:
Brian Carney (Ireland) is a glaring omission.

Robert Illyasov (Russia) Is that correct spelling? probably deserved recognition also.

Don't know if Illyasov had quite th impact this year as he is getting on a bit. That massive Russian secend rower whose name escapes me, can consider himself unlucky. Got raps after the sevens, and also from pommie fans who watched the massacres in Britain.

dimitri

First Grade
i dont think brian carney was considered because he made the world 13 proper

deluded pom?

Coach
Wouldn`t it be good to actually see this team get a run out . I`d like to maybe see them play the team that doesn`t have a game when the Tri series is on .That would be out of the question though as I see they have scheduled the Tri Nations to be a seven game series . Overkill yet again .

paulmac

Juniors
I think a side like this should play in the triseries tournament.It would give players like El Masri or David Solomona who elect to play for their country of birth something to aim for.

hot dog

Juniors
Iliasov can play. He doesnt go the full 80 though. He'll just float around then wait for the right opp and score 2 or 3 that way. A guy like Bull will give you 80 minutes on both sides of the ball and can finish. he always manages to dot down somehow.

hot dog

Juniors
Iliasov can play. He doesnt go the full 80 though. He'll just float around then wait for the right opp and score 2 or 3 that way. A guy like Bull will give you 80 minutes on both sides of the ball and can finish. he always manages to dot down somehow.

carlnz

Bench
If anyone wants to get Rugby League World mag in nz go to mega mags in auckland...its $17

deluded pom?

Coach
$17 ,That`s six and a half quid ! it only costs $6.50 in the U.K. Someone somewhere is making a big killing .