What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Just thought I'd share a story. I'll start by saying that although I like Auva as a player I agree with his suspension and also agree that guys like him and Ferguson deserve a second chance if they can prove they've turned their lives around.
So I'm watching this game with my father and my 8 year old niece. When Keary done his shoulder charged we argued about if he'd get suspended for 2 weeks, when isaac luke done his tackle I explained to my niece why he might get suspended for a few weeks. Late in the game when Auva was carrying on me and my father were discussing whether Auva was an idiot or not and I said 'if your going to be a hated player you might as well go all out with it, he is coming back from a 22 week suspension remember'
This immediately peaked my nieces interest
'How did he get suspended for 22 weeks?'
'Because he was charged with assault'
'Against which player?'
'No it wasn't against a player, it was against his girlfriend'
'But what's that got to do with rugby?'
'Well you can't have players doing the wrong thing off the field, makes the game look bad'
'Did he go to jail?'
'No he didn't go to jail'
'Well if he didn't go to jail why wouldn't they let him play?'
'Because what he did was wrong'
'But it's got nothing to do with rugby'
This little argument went on for about 5 minute, with an 8 year old girl defending Auva's right to play football. I was genuinely surprised how a kid sees the situation compared to adults.

I hope you explained to her how she was wrong

DiegoNT

First Grade
Calling an 8 year old kid a dumbass for not understanding the ins and outs of the nrl judiciary system shows what a class act some people are on here, I'd throw those people in the same level as Auva.
She didn't understand why the nrl had to punish him so hard when he didn't go to jail over the incident. She knows he has done the wrong thing but she couldn't understand why the nrl had to punish him for it to. Thought it'd be interesting to see how a kid looks at these kind of things considering that whenever an off field incident occurs the first thing peoples do is go into the 'somebody thinks of the kids' hysteria. No she didn't understand that the nrl has an image to keep, the nrl has to be a leader in the community about the issue and that really the courts should of punished him more harshly over the incident, but to call an 8 year old girl for not having the same opinion as you on a complex situation a 'dumbass' shows the quality of people on this forum

Last edited:

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Kids are stupid, why would you take their opinion on face value? yes, let's have chocolate and ice cream for every meal and end up with malnutrition and no teeth.

well, souths fans already have no teeth so i guess it makes sense that an 8yo would be a visionary in their eyes. she needs a smack in the head. perhaps give kirisome a call?

Valheru

Coach
His team gets a penalty so he runs over and starts yelling and pushing people when the ref calls him out for a chat he says "yeah but I was protecting my team mate" what the f**k are you protecting him from you just started the shit.

GI taught him that line.

tomdl

Bench
The most frustrating part about last nights games was that if the occasional punch in a scrap was ok all the little shit starting Souths merkins would have been f**king buried by the likes of Linnet, Cooper, Taumololo etc. I would have liked to see that

MrAnonymous

Bench
Just thought I'd share a story. I'll start by saying that although I like Auva as a player I agree with his suspension and also agree that guys like him and Ferguson deserve a second chance if they can prove they've turned their lives around.
So I'm watching this game with my father and my 8 year old niece. When Keary done his shoulder charged we argued about if he'd get suspended for 2 weeks, when isaac luke done his tackle I explained to my niece why he might get suspended for a few weeks. Late in the game when Auva was carrying on me and my father were discussing whether Auva was an idiot or not and I said 'if your going to be a hated player you might as well go all out with it, he is coming back from a 22 week suspension remember'
This immediately peaked my nieces interest
'How did he get suspended for 22 weeks?'
'Because he was charged with assault'
'Against which player?'
'No it wasn't against a player, it was against his girlfriend'
'But what's that got to do with rugby?'
'Well you can't have players doing the wrong thing off the field, makes the game look bad'
'Did he go to jail?'
'No he didn't go to jail'
'Well if he didn't go to jail why wouldn't they let him play?'
'Because what he did was wrong'
'But it's got nothing to do with rugby'
This little argument went on for about 5 minute, with an 8 year old girl defending Auva's right to play football. I was genuinely surprised how a kid sees the situation compared to adults.
lol why do people make shit like this up

Attention I suppose

DiegoNT

First Grade
I hope you explained to her how she was wrong

Yes I did obviously.
But it's hard to explain to her why an nrl player is suspended for so long while people in our local community get to carry on with their lives and jobs when they have done the same thing

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Yes I did obviously.
But it's hard to explain to her why an nrl player is suspended for so long while people in our local community get to carry on with their lives and jobs when they have done the same thing

not so hard if you understand the reasons yourself

betcats

Referee
Calling an 8 year old kid a dumbass for not understanding the ins and outs of the nrl judiciary system shows what a class act some people are on here, I'd throw those people in the same level as Auva.
She didn't understand why the nrl had to punish him so hard when he didn't go to jail over the incident. She knows he has done the wrong thing but she couldn't understand why the nrl had to punish him for it to. Thought it'd be interesting to see how a kid looks at these kind of things considering that whenever an off field incident occurs the first thing peoples do is go into the 'somebody thinks of the kids' hysteria. No she didn't understand that the nrl has an image to keep, the nrl has to be a leader in the community about the issue and that really the courts should of punished him more harshly over the incident, but to call an 8 year old girl for not having the same opinion as you on a complex situation a 'dumbass' shows the quality of people on this forum

Mate your story sounds like bullshit to everyone but even if its not why would we care what an 8 year old thinks about this?

DiegoNT

First Grade
not so hard if you understand the reasons yourself

Like that what he done was wrong?
That the nrl has an image to keep?
That the nrl does a lot of work with women's charities including anti domestic charities and need to be shown to have a strong stance against the issue?
that nrl players are looked on as role models and need to be treated differently to normal society?
That the nrl has to be looked on as leaders in society due to its high profile?
To set an example to other players that off field incidents will be treated harshly?
That players have it in their contracts not to bring the game the game into disrepute and are given training and education on these kind of issues?
most importantly, what he did was wrong.

adamkungl

Immortal
Today on LU

"Why don't 8 year olds understand complex social issues with the same nuance as the Mensa committee on here. f**king genius"