What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL Facts and Figures: 2006 TV Ratings

the fact that nrl cant draw any crowds and the fact that they are still playing at the old suburban grounds shows that they are still living in the dark ages and will never become a national sport

Perth Red

Post Whore
What was with Fox not showing Saturdays games till 11pm (WAT)? All other games have been on at 9pm. Made for a very late night (especially given how crap the DoggiesvRaiders game was!)

When the majority of NRL teams can get 30,000+ to games regularly then they can truly say that are the No1 sport. Until then AFL will hold the title. Brisbane have shown the way (one city team, brilliant stadium, great marketing) others need to catch up.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Agree Red watched the Storm game yesterday on at a good time 4 15 in Perth,why cant FOX show the games on Pay for view in the AFL states free same as they did for the AFL in Syd Bris.
Or is 9 the and the NRL lack of promotional brains that blacks out the AFL states

Leagueguy

Juniors
Here is a question for someone very clever. Could anyone give an average estimate of the total number of people that watch AFL in a weekend vs NRL viewers. Maybe if you pick a week where figures were quite high for both. I'm guessing you have to add up all the pay TV figures as well as Free to air. I'm not sure if this can be done but I'd be very interested if someone could produce some kind of estimate.

Collingwood Storm said:
the fact that nrl cant draw any crowds and the fact that they are still playing at the old suburban grounds shows that they are still living in the dark ages and will never become a national sport

And the fact that the AFL ignores a significant portion of the population of Australia means they'll never be a national sport either.

That you can't seem to get the reasons for the disparity through your thick head are understandable, you are an AFL supporter after all.

t-ba

Post Whore
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
And the fact that the AFL ignores a significant portion of the population of Australia means they'll never be a national sport either.

That you can't seem to get the reasons for the disparity through your thick head are understandable, you are an AFL supporter after all.

The Countryside doesn't count in AFL...unless of course you need some Aboriginal elders to corroborate the BS 'Marn Grook' Story at a press conference or something...

Leagueguy said:
Here is a question for someone very clever. Could anyone give an average estimate of the total number of people that watch AFL in a weekend vs NRL viewers. Maybe if you pick a week where figures were quite high for both. I'm guessing you have to add up all the pay TV figures as well as Free to air. I'm not sure if this can be done but I'd be very interested if someone could produce some kind of estimate.

its almost impossible to work out afl averages because on saturdays and sundays there are games on foxfooty into melbourne that are on free to air in perth, adelaide, sydney and brisbane
and games on free to air in perth, adelaide, sydney and bris which are on foxfooty into melb

unlike nrl which is only on fox nationally on saturday and on sunday and the friday and 1 sunday game nationally on 9 at different times

griff

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
lol @ Marn Grook.

AFL's hook, line and sinker story.

Marn Grook is a bigger scam than the Webb Ellis myth. But people just follow it blindly.

Yep Griff. They believe Australian Football is descended from Marn Grook simply because they're told it is by the AFL. The real story of how Australian Football began is not quite so romantic.

Latest posts