What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL on Nine in Melbourne and the future

LESStar58

Referee
Has Man Of Steel 1982 overlooked the fact I'm a farkin' Melbourne supporter!?

I was just seeking clarification from CliffyIsGod...

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Anyone see Street Talk on the Footy Show tonight?

Not one person interviewed said they either liked RL or knew about it. I could could laugh but I won't because just like I want Sydney to be a fair-minded unbiased environment in terms of the sports it follows, I think Melbourne is equally enriches as a city by having more than one winter code to support.

I have a great deal of empathy for Storm supporters, and could only imagine how much abuse you get for following RL down there.

Any ideas as to how you can try and lure unbiased open-minded sports fans to have a look at a Storm match from time to time?

JF

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
A pretty sobering thread on Big Footy here too to be honest.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230543

But if for every 5 RL haters there may well be one person who might have a look at a match. These are the type of fans the Storm shuld aim to attract.

Or mybe they can contact Australia Post and give a membership form to anyone moving south from NSW or Qld to Victoria lol. ;-)

JF

brooksy19

Bench
They would of only showed the "no idea" people for comedy reasons.

For a Rugby League show, they certainly don't do our game a good service. Digusting.

brooksy19

Bench
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
A pretty sobering thread on Big Footy here too to be honest.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230543

But if for every 5 RL haters there may well be one person who might have a look at a match. These are the type of fans the Storm shuld aim to attract.

Or mybe they can contact Australia Post and give a membership form to anyone moving south from NSW or Qld to Victoria lol. ;-)

JF

Wow, alot of those blokes hate our game.

I spode, I can't stand watching their game either, but im sure theres atleast 90k people in melb that would support the game.

sharkadelic

Juniors
They turn alot of serious issues into comedy moments and make everyone associated with our into boorish amateurs. That I do not appreciate. It makes other codes look very attractive to the corporate dollar. Corporations willing to throw wheelbarrow loads of cash after players in 3rd party agreements... ie Giteau

The Tank

Bench
I watched the AFL Footy Show a bit back and they did the same with Sam on Sydney's streets. No-one knew about AFL either. It's supposed to be "funny". Dunno, it's been done before.

ucantseeme

Juniors
if they wanted a serious response they would have done the street talk after the storms home game against the knights

MayMoo

Juniors
ucantseeme said:
if they wanted a serious response they would have done the street talk after the storms home game against the knights

You mean a staged response ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
:clap: ""Well, that's fine. But then don't go complaining about the value of the game when it comes to paying your bills and getting a dollar out of television rights. There is only one simple reason why the AFL pulls $150 million a year and the NRL pulls $100 million. Their's is a truly national game and has been promoted that way - our game hasn't."

Amen brother! :clap:

JK

To call it truely national is a bit of a stretch though.

We can't claim it but neither can they...yet.

LESStar58

Referee
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
Anyone see Street Talk on the Footy Show tonight?

Not one person interviewed said they either liked RL or knew about it. I could could laugh but I won't because just like I want Sydney to be a fair-minded unbiased environment in terms of the sports it follows, I think Melbourne is equally enriches as a city by having more than one winter code to support.

I have a great deal of empathy for Storm supporters, and could only imagine how much abuse you get for following RL down there.

Any ideas as to how you can try and lure unbiased open-minded sports fans to have a look at a Storm match from time to time?

JF

Which Footy Show? If you mean the AFL one then i wouldn't pay it much mind. Same for the wankers over at big faggy...

boonboon

Juniors
I live in Melbourne and don't get out to the storm games but would definatley watch on TV , I think they should show the footy at 4pm on a sunday as there is no AFL on at this time and you would get a certain amount of people, it could show on slight delay in melbourne on friday nite in the 7-8:30 slot with all the non action moments and halftime cut out as it would fit into this period, or as a change Bring bak the saturday afternoon footy just for Melbourne games - 2:30 start, then you could show 3 league games in Melbourne every weekend

I'm not concerned about what a bunch of diehard people on a forum say about our game. 6 HUNDRED THOUSAND people found the grandfinal good enough to watch, So i'm sure we can carve out a good niche down there.

people on web forums are irrelevant and most likely post because they are VERY passionate about their code. For example, I would sooner kill myself than watch or talk about an AFL game ,but there are plenty of other geese in Sydney that will. The same can be assumed of melbourne

LESStar58

Referee
Saw TFS Street Talk. Think it was very tongue in cheek. f**k em. They don't kow what they're missing!

The one thing that creases me is that we spent all this money on advertising but the new ads only get shown late at night! Why can't we afford to screen the ads at a decent hour? Channel 9 are supposed to be our "official partners"! What a f**king joke!

simostorm

Bench
6:45.....not a chance that will happen.
Whatever time slot Storm games are shown, replay them at the time of
4:00pm Sunday, NSW and QLd have the 9 Nrl game booked for that timeslot
and Vic throws whatever they can in to fill the gap cos they have nothing else to show.

LESStar58 said:
Has Man Of Steel 1982 overlooked the fact I'm a farkin' Melbourne supporter!?

I was just seeking clarification from CliffyIsGod...

That's ok, i was just winding you up. Couldn't help it, you just seem a little too 'excitable'.

But for the record, I strongly support the existence of Melbourne and the need for as much NRL on tv in 'developing states'.

aussies1st

Staff member
With the players the Storm have this would be the perfect time to try and getting into their market.

Latest posts