What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL2 - 90% in Official Playstation Mag

nöyd

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I agree.

I thought RL1 was fun, but not great. First effort or not.

I have the PS2 version - too many glitches to make it fun.

:?...

Knightmare

Coach
I just hope the new game has cheergirls, teams that you can change around without having to wait for somebody to get injured, and games that don't turn into ridiculous touch-football scores like 66-42.

bulldog

Bench
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
I dont enjoy buying buggy software, do you? if i have to dish out $99.95 for a game then hell it has to be a game im going to enjoy.

I bought RL 1 on release nite, over the course of 2 nights i was shocked at how many bugs were in the game...it didnt seem right that teams could score at ease out of the scrum..or when the computer decides to make 20 head high tackles.

Agreed, if you want my money you have to remember you're competing for it with other companies as well.
The amount of bugs shocked me also, they were never fixed, the only thing that made me drag it out again were the mods like International Edition.

canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Yes its a solid game when you play 2 players but most games are "solid" when your playing with another die hard.

"Solid" right up to the point where some fatal flaw caused the game to stop responding normally.

I have pre-ordered my copy of RL2 only because the salesman at EB told me I could return it within 7 days for a refund if I wasn't happy.

Paullyboy

Coach
I find it hard to believe they offer that option to you?

I used to work in refunds at Big W when I was at uni and there was no chance in buggery we would accept a game back because someone wasnt happy with it. The half-witted chumps that sold it to them at the checkouts may have told them they could, but when it came time to return it they got no where.

So yeah, id be careful relying on that if I were you.

Jordan

Juniors
Nah, EB definitely have that option.. They advertise it pretty heavily as well.

I've done it a few times as well.. it's almost like a 'free' game rental place. You just have to make sure you don't stratch the disc.

bulldog

Bench
Thanks for the confirmation Jordan, like Paullyboy I was a bit concerned the salesman was just blowing smoke.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hey by the way, if EB and game's wizards are in the same shopping centre will they compete on the prices for RL2 or any other gsme for that matter.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Gameswizards also have the 7 day policy. i've rented several games from eb and taken them back when i didnt like them

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jordan said:
Nah, EB definitely have that option.. They advertise it pretty heavily as well.

I've done it a few times as well.. it's almost like a 'free' game rental place. You just have to make sure you don't stratch the disc.
yep, its a company policy
as long as the product isnt damaged you can return it within 7 days
if RL2 isnt up to code like RL1 wasnt ill be taking up that option

Angry_eel

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
yep, its a company policy
as long as the product isnt damaged you can return it within 7 days
if RL2 isnt up to code like RL1 wasnt ill be taking up that option

I've returned a damaged product and still got a replacement for it. My TCM 2004 cd broke a month after i bought it and i hadn't made a backup. The guy at EB looked at me and said "Maybe they don't make the cds like they used to" lol and he gave me back a fresh copy.

Paullyboy

Coach
Surely with all the chipping and burning that goes on they are just asking for trouble with that. I cant see how they could possibly still be in business. I guess they rely on chumps like me who dont know how to burn games.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Surely with all the chipping and burning that goes on they are just asking for trouble with that. I cant see how they could possibly still be in business. I guess they rely on chumps like me who dont know how to burn games.

Well i didn't think the cd could break by itself but i underestimated the overheating factor. Anyway, the guy was nice and i usually buy my games from their now.

Latest posts