What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLIF meeting 3/10/07

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
So playing for NZ A makes you a Kiwi! Does playing for the Australia PMs X111 make you a Kangaroo then?

No but it makes you an aussie and even more an australian representative footballer

roughyedspud

Coach
playing PM13 holds as much weight as playing for the australia schoolboy....and how many kiwis have played for them ...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
roughyedspud said:
playing PM13 holds as much weight as playing for the australia schoolboy....and how many kiwis have played for them ...

NO it doesnt - aussie schoolboys is more a pick of the best available rugby league players attending Australian Schools.

PM13 is senior level.

I suggest you worry about getting beat 3-0. Thats why you want to break GB - so you guys can have somebody to beat.

Lets do a straight swap - Tonga can have lauaki.

deluded pom?

Coach
Oh I can't wait for the Test Series to start and then you Kiwis will clam up about how you swamped us by thirty in all three Tests.

RLIF

Juniors
Gee i wonder why Brent Webb got ruled out of the Test Series but is still allowed to play all the club matches...could it be that GB coach is his club coach??

Pomms will do anything to win....its about bloody time you clowns come down here and do a proper test series tour

bartman

Immortal
deluded pom? said:
So playing for NZ A makes you a Kiwi! Does playing for the Australia PMs X111 make you a Kangaroo then?
Um, it kind of indicates a national representative decision taken on a player's part...

I'm all for the eligibility rule being strict for people not to swap countries willy-nilly or within a world cup cycle. Was just responding that Fuifui has NZ history as well as last year's Tongan matches. Personally I thought there was a rule made about a two year commitment leading into the WC, starting last year. Fuifui and the other bloke should stay with Tonga.

As for the ex-Kiwis putting their hand up for the lesser countries, again unless there is a birth-connection (including parent, and begrudgingly grand parent until domestic comps are up and running) this shouldn't be encouraged. And early registration of these rep connections would allow national panels to plan ahead for who they could and want to include, and hence focus on the types of players they need to develop at specific ages/times.

hutch

First Grade
The Electric Horseman said:
"All the Tongan boys, they want to play for Tonga but they always want to play for the Kiwis first," said Moimoi.

even the tongan boys with absolutely no links to new zealand? for eg. mateo

he is taking the piss now, right?

hutch

First Grade
RLIF said:
The naming of Aussie-based Fuifui Moimoi and Taniela Tuiaki for the test against Australia will be up for international officials' approval today.

NZRL chairman Andrew Chalmers is one of three Rugby League International Federation executive voters who will decide if the pair can switch allegiance after playing World Cup qualifiers for Tonga.

Aussie chairman Colin Love and England's Richard Lewis are the other two voters.

The NZRL regarded the vote as "hopefully just a formality".

It will support an application by former Kiwi Nigel Vagana to change allegiance to Samoa for the 2008 World Cup and other former Kiwis, including David Solomona, are believed to be following suit.

there is no chance that the application will be blocked. moi moi will be playing in the test. he will get the nzrl chairmans vote, and we all know colin love is an idiot, he doesnt even know rugby league is played in more than 3 countries, so he will vote for moi moi.

why do 3 countries get to decide everything that happens in world rugby league? why is it that the tongan rugby league are not even represented at this meeting to put their case forward? there are losing one of their team members after all.

roughyedspud

Coach
RLIF said:
Gee i wonder why Brent Webb got ruled out of the Test Series but is still allowed to play all the club matches...could it be that GB coach is his club coach??

Pomms will do anything to win....its about bloody time you clowns come down here and do a proper test series tour

we would do if it was finacially viable...tours down under,especially NZ lose money..where as the tour held in britain will make nearly £1million if not more...

as for brent webb, brent webb pulled himself out not leeds,tony smith or GB

deluded pom?

Coach
bartman said:
Um, it kind of indicates a national representative decision taken on a player's part...

So does playing for the Junior Kangaroos but that hasn't stopped Kemble getting several dual qualified players to commit to the Kiwis AFTER they will have played for the Junior Kangaroos. Ryan Giggs captained the England U15's soccer team. Does that mean that because he showed a "national representative decision" that Wales have wrongly played him? Does it feck.

hutch

First Grade
question: does every player who applies get their wish granted, because i dont see too many applications being knocked back? even those clearly against the current 2 year stand down period are being granted.

nadera78

Juniors
hutch said:
question: does every player who applies get their wish granted, because i dont see too many applications being knocked back? even those clearly against the current 2 year stand down period are being granted.

Shhh! We're not supposed to ask those sorts of questions, just blindly accept whatever Colin Love tells us, and then pay up our hard-earned cash whenever they bother to put on a game or two.

Latest posts