What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW prediction

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eels to finish 10th
Under the pump: Adam Dykes
After playing less the half Parra's games in 2003 due to a succession of injuries, Dykes will be keen the give the Eels better value this campain. A classy attacking player, Dykes could be the answer to the Eels' problems at no.7 that have held the club back in recetn seasons. Dykes was a key figure in Parramatta's final trial win over the Tigers, scoring his team's only try, and looks tohave settled well into the hlafback postion. Played City Origin in 2001 and will be desperate to regain that sort of form on a consistant basis.

On the Rise: Aaron Cannings
The powerfully built 22 year old hand a fine debut season at Manly last year, playing 22 of the clubs 24 games and proving himself a strong ball runner. Put him alongside the likes of Nathan Hindmarsh, Nathan Cayless and Michael Vella and the raw young forward could really develop into a force in his 2nd year in the big league.

Tony Adam's verdict
An off season cleanout and plenty of new faces combine to make Parra one of the wildcards of the 2004 season. If coach Brian Smith can get the best out of the incoming players, the Eels will be a danger. Key man Adam Dykes, Luk Burt, Nathan Cayless and Nathan Hindmarsh played only 34 games between them last year and need to see more action if Parra are to make a return to the finals.

THey also list Nick Bradley-Qalilawa as a gain so going on that it looks like he won a contract no mention of Luke O'Dwyer tho.

But the also name the Eels top 17
1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Petersen
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Cayless (C)
12. Dean Widders
13. Nathan Hindmarsh

14. Lee Hopkins
15. Corey Pearson
16. Craig Stapleton
17. Wade McKinnon - WTF

Nikki

Coach
I read in Sundays Paper (i think) that on average we are rated to come about 4th. I can handle that :D

Chipmunk

Coach
I have seen a few of Parra top sides with Wagon at Five-Eighth. If he is our best option at Five-Eighth we cant make the Finals

Nikki

Coach
We havent even played round 1 yet, your jumpin the gun just a little. Gotta hope and pray that if he doesnt work out a 5/8 then he will be moved back to lock. Coz thats where he wants to play!!!

Parraren

Bench
I honestly can't see us finishing in the top 4 this year but i'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get there. It's going to be a very close competition this year and I think at best we will finish 5th or 6th. I'm not at all surprised to see the 'experts' tipping us to finish outside the top 8 but I think this suits us better anyway. The less expectation on us the better.

The Colonel

Immortal
MG, Frilingos, Ben Blaschke, Terry Kennedy, Warren Ryan, Greg Prichard - these boys all know their stuff. They are all tipping big things from either the Eels or players from within.

Hot_doggies

Juniors
Following this thread and seeing the comments where Eels supporters are 'happy' just to finish fourth is the greatest advertisement for a shake-up at the Eels of massive proportions starting with the coach. As a Dogs supporter I remember the days when Canterbury and Parramatta were certainties for the top 5 let alone the top 8 (what a joke!). Well, regardless of scandals/dramas and all the rest, the Dogs are permanent finals certainties and Parramatta last won something of note in 1986. For those of you too young to remember that, they were a good team back then. Seriously guys, sort it out at Parra and get yourselves back into a position of strength. As much as it pains me to say this, being a certainty to bash the Eels on Saturday takes some of the fun out of what has been a great rivalry in the past, and let me tell you, when a Dogs supporter starts feeling sorry for Parramatta, you have SERIOUS problems.

PB

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
THey also list Nick Bradley-Qalilawa as a gain so going on that it looks like he won a contract no mention of Luke O'Dwyer tho.

The mdeia would know nothing about O'Dwyer and to be honest 99% of us don't know enough about him yet. So it is probably fair that the journo's haven't written anything about him. He did only sign about 12 days ago, so its a bit early to be writing him up as a "huge potential
' etc..

theicemandanno

Juniors
Hot_doggies said:
Following this thread and seeing the comments where Eels supporters are 'happy' just to finish fourth is the greatest advertisement for a shake-up at the Eels of massive proportions starting with the coach. As a Dogs supporter I remember the days when Canterbury and Parramatta were certainties for the top 5 let alone the top 8 (what a joke!). Well, regardless of scandals/dramas and all the rest, the Dogs are permanent finals certainties and Parramatta last won something of note in 1986. For those of you too young to remember that, they were a good team back then. Seriously guys, sort it out at Parra and get yourselves back into a position of strength. As much as it pains me to say this, being a certainty to bash the Eels on Saturday takes some of the fun out of what has been a great rivalry in the past, and let me tell you, when a Dogs supporter starts feeling sorry for Parramatta, you have SERIOUS problems.

I pity you.

At least this time next year I will have a team to worry about.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
As always the big mam ( MG ) gets it right.
Last year he predicted the Eels would finish just outside the 8...
This year i reckon he has hit the nail right on the head.......
Eels V Storm GF...........................

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hot_doggies said:

Ahh yes, back when it was the battle of the co tennants.

Thanks for your encouraging words, but I think you may be underating our team this year.

Cant argue with anything else you said tho.

Latest posts