What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Merchandise-Update

I was gonna wait till the tournament started and shop around a bit but in an impulsive moment today I ordered a Fiji, Tonga, Ireland and PNG jersey. My accountant just shot himself.

***MH***

Bench
Picked up an Irish jersey today. Peter Wynns have everything in stock exluding the French jersey. They confirmed what everyone else has said about the French jersey, that France won't be releasing it outside Europe. (shame shame shame)

JK

Eastgardens Rebel have a big sign at the front of the shop advising that they are stocking RLWC gear. Wide selection available including the souvenir scarf that I am almost certain to buy.

Another good one is the regular WC scarf - except for the discrete logo it goes well with business gear and I can annoy the ruggers with it in meetings.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Picked up a Kangaroos scarf, beanie and tie (the one with all the federation symbols on it) from the official online shop (already have a newish jersey). Quality is great, I was worried that it might feel a bit cheap as it's all mass produced for each country but I'm loving it.

Response from Canterbury as to why French jerseys will not be on sale here:

Thanks for your email. We offered the French RL replica jersey to the key retailers but there was insufficient demand to justify bringing them into Australia unfortunately.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

I does. Canterbury are f**king useless. Every other company got its product out there, including European companies like Puma and Kukri.

LESStar58

Referee
Want a Scottish shirt but have only been able to find England, Australia and NZ down here. Want an Irish one as well but have one of theirs from a few seasons ago so not fussed if I miss out.

Heading to Rugby Fever in Richmond today for a 50% off sale so I'll see if they have anything down there. The owner is a Scot so ya never know!

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Two of them!

samoajerseyw.jpg

samoajerseyb.jpg

Last edited:

Calixte

First Grade
Response from Canterbury as to why French jerseys will not be on sale here:

Thanks for your email. We offered the French RL replica jersey to the key retailers but there was insufficient demand to justify bringing them into Australia unfortunately.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

I does. Canterbury are f**king useless. Every other company got its product out there, including European companies like Puma and Kukri.

f**k em.

Ebay.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what else do you expect?

90% people dont know of the tournament in WA

Probably closer to 98%! That's what yoy get when you don't have a NAtional game and you don't use a major tournament like the WC to spread the gospel (and you sign a deal with the devil, Ch9!)

Was in Peter Wynn's this weekend... they don't seem to have everything there which was a bit strange.

They told me that a few people had been asking about the NZ Maori jersey (which they don't have - but that Rebel Sport in Parramatta has it.)

Rebel seems to have the widest range at the moment. I'm going to look in Mick Simmons this week.

Calixte

First Grade
Just generally, is Mick Simmons still the best for RL in Sydney?

Was always advertised as such over the years. Programs etc.

I get the feeling Peter Wynns Score is now the front runner? Or did until the posts about Rebel in Sydney...

roopy

Referee
I looked at Peter wynn online and they had the jerseys for 170 dollars. I bought a Fiji jersey at rebel the other day for 150 (or 149.99 to be exact) and the others were the same price.
I suppose they will all be 80 or so after the cup.

Just generally, is Mick Simmons still the best for RL in Sydney?

Was always advertised as such over the years. Programs etc.

I get the feeling Peter Wynns Score is now the front runner? Or did until the posts about Rebel in Sydney...

Mick Simmons is the oldest but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know how much RLWC08 stuff they have.

Peter Wynn's just didn't have everything for the World Cup whereas Rebel has it all. Though Peter Wynn's are supporting the tournament well - the girls in the shop were wearing the AUS RLWC t-shirts (and look quite fetching in them too) and they had all the nation flags outside.

Calixte

First Grade
You da man, ECT! :lol:

And you have quote of the year in your backpocket as well:- "Thomas, you are a union troll..."

You are on fire...

Latest posts