What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Travel ideas

Well for those hearty rugby league fans Darwin will be a perfect chance to mix a game with all the touristic sights Darwin has to offer.

Yeah, like the crocodiles. A mate of mine went up there a few years back when the Roosters played the Cowboys there. The locals told him to walk down the middle of any roads he was on (if he was walking that is) so that he had enough time to react if any crocodile should jump out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do crocodiles jump?

But seriously, I'll be going to Brisbane semi and final, any suggestions for where to visit for the week in between within reasonable driving distance?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Do crocodiles jump?

But seriously, I'll be going to Brisbane semi and final, any suggestions for where to visit for the week in between within reasonable driving distance?
Go to the sunshine coast. Noosa is my favourite. Mooloolaba a close second. Only 1-2 hours from brisbane. If you really want to be a tourist, go to the gold coast and visit the theme parks, check out surfers paradise and burleigh heads. Only 45 mins from brisbane. If you want natural beauty (both landscape and girls) go to noosa.

roughyedspud

Coach
I'm doing:
Melbourne for Aus v England
Perth for double header in the west
Spend a week in Qland and catch the semi and final

Would love to slip a game in PNG in but no chance of convincing the Mrs to go!

Ps $100 won't go far in Oz! Beer is $10 a pint.

Did me fine in 2008 and this feb

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Do crocodiles jump?

Depends what you like

Beaches: Sunshine Coast (1-1.5hrs nth)

Theme Parks: Coomera (45min sth)

Nature: Gold Coast hinterland (1hr sth) or Montville (1.5hr nth)

The Partisan

Early days but for me (Brisbane based) it is

POOL GAMES

* 1st weekend - CNS for European clash; Week 2 - TSV for Double Header; Week 3 - Perth ( a first visit) for Double Header.

FINALS

QF- Melbourne; SF - Auckland ; FNL - Brisbane.

Nice month off work !

My plan is fly to melboune from perth for the opener with my boy for the weekend, back to perth then to sydney for eng vs lebanese with my wife and little girl for the next weekend. Eventually going to brisbane with everybody for a week to catch the semi and final. Will buy the flights and tickets the day they go on sale.

Last Week

Bench
Week 1. Melbourne for the opener. Make a weekend out of it in Melbourne. Come down Thursday, leave Sunday morning. That's plenty of time to spend in Melbourne. Will miss France v Lebanon in Canberra though.

Week 2. Australia v France in Canberra. Should be able to make England v Lebanon in Sydney the next day. 1 nights accommodation at most. If that.

Week 3. Fiji v EQ3 on the Friday night in Canberra followed by Australia v Lebanon in Sydney the next night. Australia takes the priority for me so if I can only make one, I'll skip Fiji's game.

Week 4. Quarter finals. This is a bit of a tough decision. The Kangaroos are likely to play in Darwin but I honestly have no desire to go there. Will need to think about it more.

Week 5. The semis. I'll be where ever the Kangaroos are playing. If England can win the opener, it'll likely be NZ v Australia semi in Auckland. Highlights the stupidity that this game isn't at Eden Park. A NZ v Australia or England semi would get a good crowd. Better than what Mt Smart can hold. I'll arrive Thursday and leave Monday. If only it was snow season.

Week 6. Brisbane, the final. I'll do the usual. Gold Coast, theme parks, drink and eat. Arrive Thursday and leave Sunday. Might even drive up instead of flying.

RedVee

First Grade
Discussing with 2 mates whether Brissy or Melbourne, or go the extra mile to a NZ game.
Prob 1 game at SF stage or maybe aim for the final.

Will Likely go to the SFS Aust V Lebanon game if pricing reasonable.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Definite -
England vs Lebanon
Australia vs Lebanon
Semi in Brisbane
Final in Brisbane

Possibly-
1 of the Canberra games
Australia vs France
France vs Lebanon
Fiji vs Euro 3

Maybe , 1 of the following-
Australia vs Melbourne in Melbourne

Family trip to Nz
Nz - Samoa and Tonga vs Samoa
Or
Family trip to cairns and Townsville to see some games.

Pommy

Coach
I'm doing:
Melbourne for Aus v England
Perth for double header in the west
Spend a week in Qland and catch the semi and final

Would love to slip a game in PNG in but no chance of convincing the Mrs to go!

Ps $100 won't go far in Oz! Beer is $10 a pint.

I dunno first time I came back in 2011 I probably had a similar budget and did just fine. Just pre drink with goon then you only need one drink to babysit so you don't look like a total peasant, you could even start mine sweeping if getting spiked doesn't worry you haha.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bump!

So a dose of reality has obviously cut down the origin post in this thread, but I'm pretty close to booking
1 week in and around Perth to catch the double header, then Melbourne for a week to catch their Quarter final. Will watch the semis from home then fly up to Brisbane for the weekend of the final.

What did you guys decide on?

The Partisan

Early days but for me (Brisbane based) it is

POOL GAMES

* 1st weekend - CNS for European clash; Week 2 - TSV for Double Header; Week 3 - Perth ( a first visit) for Double Header.

FINALS

QF- Melbourne; SF - Auckland ; FNL - Brisbane.

Nice month off work !

Mmmmmm.....Life has taken a few deviations since I put this plan together.

Not booked in for anything as yet and if I do make a late call the Perth doubleheader would be the only non - Brisbane games I'd think. Semi and Final in Brisbane on the cards....just need to but the tickets !

deluded pom?

Coach
Flying to Auckland for NZ v Samoa and then on to Hamilton for Samoa v Tonga. They are the only games I'll see. Will be spending three weeks in NZ in total. I've been to Australia a couple of times before so not too fussed about not going there. It will be my first visit to New Zealand. The scheduling of the matches aren't fan friendly as I posted in another thread and my budget doesn't stretch to flying all over Australia and New Zealand. I decided on the two games because of the previous WC encounters between NZ and Samoa and the recent PI games with Samoa and Tonga. I'm sure they'll be the sort of games where nothing is left in the sheds.

expansionist

Juniors
Only bookings Ive got so far is the double header in Townsville, and the Brisbane Semi Final...

I am still planning on building on that though,,

Latest posts