What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 13 team list thread vs Knights

Gazzamatta

Coach
Given Evans is so highly regarded how is it that he dosent return immediately to the NRL side yet Brown does? Both middle forwards and I think Brown has probably been out longer. Maybe BA hasnt been impressed?

hindy111

Post Whore
Hes looked promising from what ive seen so far but maybe thats just hoping. Regardless, provided BA gives him a fair crack he has to provide more that Vae.

Runs hard. Looks down in fitness in defemse. Seemed to struggle in short minutes getting back.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm yet to see the hype too, tbh.

He's obviously talented but the way people here carried on about him being a must-pick you'd think he was a superstar....

A superstar would blow nsw cup apart and be in first grade at an earlier age.
A solid NRL player is what we can hope for. Skmething we assumed Evans was at 400k

Bazal

Post Whore
A superstar would blow nsw cup apart and be in first grade at an earlier age.
A solid NRL player is what we can hope for. Skmething we assumed Evans was at 400k

That's kinda my point....

I think a lot of people wanted him picked because they heard he was being chased by the Sharks and assumed that meant more than it does, not because they knew anything about how he was playing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given Evans is so highly regarded how is it that he dosent return immediately to the NRL side yet Brown does? Both middle forwards and I think Brown has probably been out longer. Maybe BA hasnt been impressed?
Unlike Brown he never built a proper fitness base in the pre-season. Unlike Brown he's also not one of our leaders.

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree. Seems fashionable to bash Evans.

I was and still am concerned about his work rate and whether he can improve to the level we need him to be at. But he is clearly a better player than he has demonstrated at Parra so far too and only an idiot would argue otherwise

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was and still am concerned about his work rate and whether he can improve to the level we need him to be at. But he is clearly a better player than he has demonstrated at Parra so far too and only an idiot would argue otherwise
I disagree.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree. Seems fashionable to bash Evans.

T rex for example if failed was signed as a gamble. Evans was not. The money paid was to not only be part of our top 17 but to be one of the better forwards.

Even if made our 17 and did a job I doubt it is what the coach was hoping for. He wanted a big powerfull tough PROP. He thought he could mould Evans into thast with a change of scenary. So far a massive failure.

Latest posts