What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 16 v COWGURLS

soc123_au

Staff member
Vai Vai went down right in front of where I was sitting. I thought initialy there goes another back for the year. Three trainers had to help him off the field. I saw him warming up with about 20 to go in 2nd half so it musnt be that bad. Didnt notice if he got back on the field though.

On Purts, he tried hard but has nothing. Probably a nice bloke & seems a good clubman but jeez he can be hard to watch at times. With a speedy talented backline we would have scored 50 yesterday.

griffo346

First Grade
yes purts was ordinary in defence

but i think he had a few good runs too sorry guys i think we have no choice but to have him there unless we go tighe on wing and smith in the centres

soc123_au

Staff member
That he did OX, I think he would have heard me letting him know how impressed I was. In saying that Coote should have grounded it as well. It was like groundhog day from SOO 1 with Morris & Dugan. You could see what was going to happen before it did, Purts never had the kick covered & it was a horrible bounce.

The drop for one of the other trys was in the same spot. That kick should have been taken, it was flat out dropped cold. The poor prick was pretty unhappy with himself.

Fibroman

First Grade
I like Purts, but he is out of his depth in first grade rugby league. He would be a great clubman in 2nd grade and probably enjoy his footy more.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bring in Ryan Walker or Michael Mate onto his wing. They couldn't possibly do any worse, and if given a chance might end up taking it with both hands and being a huge improvement over Purtell.

Either way I'll be happy to have someone on the wing that I don't expect to cost us the game somehow.

Fibroman

First Grade
Just find someone that has some pace. Drag some kid off a soccer field if we have to, but we need some pace out wide.

maple_69

Bench
Agree one of those guys deserves a crack. either walker on the wing or mate at centre shifting tighe to the wing. Whatever happened to watene anyway?

Fibroman

First Grade
Junior Tia Kilifi would be handy at the moment...............hang on........we let him go to retain Simmons and Purts.

Copperhead

Juniors
Is Towney fit? He's not big, but he's the fastest player at the club, and knows the way to the tryline.

Didgi

Firstly, well done on Sunday Panthers fans, for all that you guys were poor in some aspects (I know, we were much poorer), you got the vital 2 points, congratulations, and it wouldve been a bigger margin if not for a couple of bungles down your right edge.

On your outside back problems, no love for Malakai Watene-Zelezniak? Whenever I've seen him in NYC he has looked dangerous, and looking at stats he's making some massive metres and tackle breaks this season. Surely has to be better than who you've got at the moment, if I was Gus I'd be sending him to join Seijka in preparing him for a callup.