What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 19 v Dragons

Timbo

Staff member
Wow. Just finished watching it.

Wow. We actually played ATTACKING football.

And we owned the competitions form team.

Wow.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
great post mate ... unfortunately a few of your compatriates at the ground werent as complementary before and after the game

Boy some of the Dragons fans were an unruly bunch. Some of them near me were yelling threats at Simpkins, saying they knew where he parked his car and would see him at the end of the game... some abused me for the heinous crime of cheering on my team...

I know it's not reflective of the whole supporter base, but it was ALL of them around me.

Chachi

Bench
Bay56 said:
Lower grade results ....

Jersey Flegg beat the dragons .... cant remember the score but it was a decent win .... I dont know the results of other games but that definitely keeps them in the hunt for a finals spot as they are just out of the eight ... good result considering StG/Ill are much higher on the table ... I was impressed with Nick Colley, wanted to be involved in everything .. Brent Crisp and Cy Lasscock also had decent games.

Premier League lost ... a shame as a win would have really consolidated their position on the table ... was really impressed with the effort of Chad Grintelland Brenton Lawrence. Zilly scored one of those tries form 10-15 m out where he just steps past the deender with ease. He also picked up beauty low down on the run that should have resulted in a try as he off-loaded ... I know this sounds like a scratched record but this guy should be in FG.
Yeah, the PL guys played a shocker IMO. No intensity and they looked really disjointed. They had a pretty good team on paper too, but there was no spark at all after the first 20 mins. Zilly had a few moments, but I agree on your assessment of Brenton Lawrence (he was in 17 wasn't he?). Made some great line breaks and could be one watch.

Frawley was quite ordinary and I have no idea what the story is with Ale - for someone with such great talent it's just like he doesn't want to be there (which is probably true).

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Yeah, the PL guys played a shocker IMO. No intensity and they looked really disjointed. They had a pretty good team on paper too, but there was no spark at all after the first 20 mins. Zilly had a few moments, but I agree on your assessment of Brenton Lawrence (he was in 17 wasn't he?). Made some great line breaks and could be one watch.

Frawley was quite ordinary and I have no idea what the story is with Ale - for someone with such great talent it's just like he doesn't want to be there (which is probably true).

Correct, he had 17 on his back ... a real 110% effort from the guy and I'll def keep an eye on him.

Marc Herbert worries me ... he doesnt seem to be coming on as quick as I thought he would ... he only has a thin frame but that doesnt stop him from getting in for his fair share of tackling ... just doesnt seem to have the explosive deceptive running of Zilly nor the long passing game of Carney.

Chachi

Bench
Here's my take on the game...
We're obviously going to miss Mogg next year. He just about shut Cooper down and was all over the park. He's really attacking the ball and running hard, which just shows you what a bit of confidence will do. Kudos to Elliott too, for getting some variety in his play, like linking up with Graham and putting the opposition in two minds with a bit of a kicking game.

Speaking of Graham, I said a couple of weeks ago that he had one of the best kick and chase games in the league. I think Gould pointed it out on the Ch 9 coverage too - absolutely outstanding, and I hope he keeps the confidence to back himself for the rest of the season. If he gets the ball through (which he always does), his speed just makes the opposition look like they're standing still.

Michael Weyman...why were you not on the park for longer big fella? You make Jason Ryles look like the fool he is. Easily the best "true" prop we've had since Lazo (I preferred Wiki in the 2nd row). Barring injury this fella will captain us well into the future and will be wearing the Green and Gold in no time.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Wasn't it good to see us finish on the right side of the possession stat's for once. I have been a Purtell bagger for some time and whilst I still think we have better options available, he showed yesterday that there may be something there. He still looks to lack confidence and this will only come with experience, I hope. I would still have in Premier League for the time being.

I don't know if it is our best 17 however if we continue to perform can't see any changes (barring injury) even if the golden boy Howell is back this week. I have my doubts on the Woolford/Withers/Carney issue and personally would like to see Withers dropped with Tongue acting as the hooker replacement if required, freeing up the bench for another forward. I can't see any reason why Carney can't start. A zillion to one to actuallly happen though!!!

Latest posts