What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 23 v Tigers - Game Time

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
What's going on with news replays? Sports tonight doesn't show any of the game then Channel nine shows one replay of the tigers scoring. It's bullsh*t, how are people without foxtel supposed to know what the tries were like and the feild goal.

thuganomics

Coach
schif4eva said:
What's going on with news replays? Sports tonight doesn't show any of the game then Channel nine shows one replay of the tigers scoring. It's bullsh*t, how are people without foxtel supposed to know what the tries were like and the feild goal.

They have a contract with foxsports that they can't show any highlights untill Fox finish showing thier broadcast.

So, it's not bullsh*t.

Edwahu

Bench
We got some good calls in GP. We got none in regular time.
We had a couple of players offside in GP. The tigers spent the whole game offside.

Great win in very tough circumstances.

Whilst Carney was offside for that first field goal shot, I don't think he was that far infront. You see teams start moving off their line once the ball hits the tackled players foot, the tackled player hits it with his foot, and Carney runs...sure, he was offside...but you watch any game where there is goal-line defence, he wasn't 3m offside like Junior was crapping on about. Play on in my (green) eyes :D

Bay56

First Grade
Schif_Happens said:
Whilst Carney was offside for that first field goal shot, I don't think he was that far infront. You see teams start moving off their line once the ball hits the tackled players foot, the tackled player hits it with his foot, and Carney runs...sure, he was offside...but you watch any game where there is goal-line defence, he wasn't 3m offside like Junior was crapping on about. Play on in my (green) eyes :D

Schif .. as the ball was rolled back he had one foot on the line and the other stretched out in the field of play ... it is standard defence off you line ... I must admit I thought he was "a mile off-side" as the biased Wayne Pearce was trying to INSIST to the referee ... he was, at best 1 m off-side ...

In saying that if the decision had been given I would no have blamed the ref as Carney did extremely well to come out so fast.

Bay56

First Grade
I'd put a screen shot up of Carney's "mile off side" but I've got such a big grin on my face I'm just going to enjoy that for a while LOL

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Carney was a mile offside, but I'll enjoy the win nevertheless!

Legend's 'f**king gutless' team of 'geniuss' showed a lot of balls to hang on there today. We have criticised the Raiders for their inconsistency, but to win one when you've had a really, really bad day at the office is the sign of a team playing with confidence and determination.

Hope we can keep it up.

And Bay - thanks for the updates - much appreciated.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Carney was a mile offside, but I'll enjoy the win nevertheless!

Legend's 'f**king gutless' team of 'geniuss' showed a lot of balls to hang on there today. We have criticised the Raiders for their inconsistency, but to win one when you've had a really, really bad day at the office is the sign of a team playing with confidence and determination.

Hope we can keep it up.

And Bay - thanks for the updates - much appreciated.

No worries mate.

But he was not a mile offside ... I've got some pretty good equipment and can still advance with more clicks of the remote than a frame .... Carney had one foot behind the line as the ball was about to be rolled back ... believe me ... if you dont I'll be forced to post a screen print once I dub it down to DVD.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
No worries mate.

But he was not a mile offside ... I've got some pretty good equipment and can still advance with more clicks of the remote than a frame .... Carney had one foot behind the line as the ball was about to be rolled back ... believe me ... if you dont I'll be forced to post a screen print once I dub it down to DVD.

I agree. And that makes him 100% onside. You do not have to wait for the tackled player to touch the ball with his foot, the fact that the ball has made contact with the ground is enough to start advancing.

Bay56

First Grade
I'll be setting up a thread some time tonight with a screen cap for all those doubting Thomas' ... I'll send an email to Fox asking Wayne Pearce to explain his "mile offside" comment and his antics in shouting at the ref to get him to change his mind

thickos

First Grade
Possibly the greatest game I've seen in years.

It wasn't pretty - no doubt about that - but it was all guts, determination and heart. And a bit of luck. I'm just so proud of this side - the way we started the season and the way we're finishing it... go RAIDERS!!

4 points inside the eight with a bye in hand... unbelievable.

Paullyboy

Coach
Bay you are a good man for all those updates. It was extremely handy for a bloke like me who is stuck with 5 options of listening to the Broncos game as well as it being on channel 9. (freaking brisbane media!)

Bay56

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Bay you are a good man for all those updates. It was extremely handy for a bloke like me who is stuck with 5 options of listening to the Broncos game as well as it being on channel 9. (freaking brisbane media!)

no probs but I wont be able to do another this season ..

will be at Bruce for the Storm game and 99.9% sure I'll be at Shark Park for the last game of the season

Bay56 said:
Schif .. as the ball was rolled back he had one foot on the line and the other stretched out in the field of play ... it is standard defence off you line ... I must admit I thought he was "a mile off-side" as the biased Wayne Pearce was trying to INSIST to the referee ... he was, at best 1 m off-side ...

In saying that if the decision had been given I would no have blamed the ref as Carney did extremely well to come out so fast.

I can't believe the fuss over the offside...if it was during regular play it wouldn't rate a mention, but due to it being in OT, the Tigers fans are going nuts, and it's now a controversy all over the papers. BFW, the Raiders got the two points, and that's all that matters.

Mal Meninga

Bench
lotm said:
i'd hardly call that a dynasty.

now, that may be true, but with such successful lower grades, no club can keep all the stars, even if all the cards are played right.
Two Minor premierships and i'd say their a bolter for this season's GF with the way their going. Maybe not a dynasty, but a perennial threat, and with Brian Smith at the helm it's inevitable that a premiership was always going to allude them.

Since you pointed out Parramatta, I can only point to SOO game 3 where BOTH of the Fullbacks were former Eels discards. Now that is a stuff up, and then some...

All i'm saying is that with Carney, Zilly, TLL, Weyman, Tonguey, Tilse and Graham to build around, along with the Dobson hype, their would need to be some serious mistakes or injuries that'd prevent us from being a force in the next few seasons.

edabomb

First Grade
Update on Howell from injuryupdate.com.au:

David Howell Injury:ankle sprain Returning: Rnd 26

Nothing on Weyman.

Latest posts