What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 3 Team List vs Broncos

Eelogical

Referee
Like rugby league royalty including Nat Butcher, Slade Griffin, Sam Tagataese, Gerard Beale, and Rory Kotjasyn?

Lol. Let alone all the plodders those teams went through during the year
Laff it up, chuckles. Wring it for what it's worth.

Happy MEel

First Grade
At least Terepo can bust the occasional tackle. I'd prefer Kaufusi. And Brown will be back when Reed is back to full fitness.
Yeah I’d probably prefer Kaufusi as well, but penis hands is right down the list for mine.

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone else get the feeling there is going to be a pretty big thud of the Eels coming back down to earth on Thursday night? Too much hype around us for my liking!
Was thinking about this today. So I’m expecting a thud, but am looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

T.S Quint

Coach
Anyone else get the feeling there is going to be a pretty big thud of the Eels coming back down to earth on Thursday night? Too much hype around us for my liking!

You’re not the only one.
We didn’t play all that well the first two games. We are on top because we played the two worst teams in the comp. I’m hoping the team has sorted some of their attacking woes before Thursday night, although I’m not sure how after having such a massive break.

eels_fan

First Grade
Don’t see the point in carrying Taka and Stone. The broncos pack is massive even without Fifita and having 2 utility forwards on the bench seems to have us undermanned. I’d be looking to drop Taka for Kaufusi on game day

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don’t see the point in carrying Taka and Stone. The broncos pack is massive even without Fifita and having 2 utility forwards on the bench seems to have us undermanned. I’d be looking to drop Taka for Kaufusi on game day
The Broncos pack is also slow and I'd say we're looking to exploit that. With Takairangi on the bench Lane will spend some time in the middle too.

Our pack that belted them in last year's final was:

Alvaro
Mahoney
Paulo
Lane
Ma'u
Brown
Takairangi
Stone
Niukore
Moeroa

So we've replaced Alvaro, Ma'u, Brown and Moeroa with RCG, Matterson, Evans and Terepo. I'd say this week's pack is bigger.

strider

Post Whore

Agree .... but there as been a fair bit of broncos hype too. They might suffer similarly

Eelementary

Post Whore

We will get belted, imo.

But for some reason, I won't really care; guess psyched for season 2020, with the best roster we have had since 2005, but once coronavirus struck, and the season was suspended, I stopped caring as much.