What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 Team List vs Manly

lucablight

First Grade
Yeah I think Stone is unlucky to be dropped. It’s a huge risk because there’s no recognised backup hooker in the team. Personally I think one of Terepo or Taikarangi should have made way.

84 Baby

Referee
Given BAs preference to play his named 17, I’d hazard a guess there might be an injury or something

Incorrect

Coach
Stone, in limited minutes last week, hit very hard and forced a couple of changeovers. I watched the replay last night. His dummy half service is rubbish though. Taka, and I've watched him closely when passing from dummy half, is quite good in comparison.

I like Ray Stone's intent, but if he's competing with Taka, the question becomes, what's more valuable - dummy half service or defensive intent (and mistakes)...

Ideally, we win the comp without either of them!! Lol!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Stone, in limited minutes last week, hit very hard and forced a couple of changeovers. I watched the replay last night. His dummy half service is rubbish though. Taka, and I've watched him closely when passing from dummy half, is quite good in comparison.

I like Ray Stone's intent, but if he's competing with Taka, the question becomes, what's more valuable - dummy half service or defensive intent (and mistakes)...

Id be surprised if Taka was an injury replacement for Reed. BA has shown a preference for using Drown and or Gutho in that role. Given Stone was the stated replacement for Reed after his injury, his relegation this week is surprising. At least Will Smith hasn't been resurrected.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Reed unequivocally proved last week he is more than capable of delivering a quality 80 minute performance (despite BAs claim he would be under done). I’m glad we’re not providing cover for him but agree Stone is worth more than Penis as a bull terrier around the ruck.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Taka [rightfully] cops a lot of criticism, but his talents (and skill with the ball) are quite rare.

I guess the problem with Taka is that he's just as likely to pop a magic offload, leading to a try, as he is to miss a simple, game-losing tackle (or force a bone-headed, game-losing offload).

But I like his size, and power, and - dare I say it - his on-field experience.

Stone will play plenty of First Grade in 2020.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon there are points down the edges through their centers and wingers. Hold them in the middle and shift it.

Latest posts